Thomas Cook’s Chief Executive Peter Fankhauser has said Turkey is the ‘standout’ destination for customers this summer.
Demand for the likes of Turkey and Egypt has returned after two years of tourists staying away over security concerns.
Spain’s recent surge in demand and record-breaking tourist numbers was largely due to its rivals suffering losses from successive terrorist attacks and instability.
Some 40% of Thomas Cook holidays were to Spain last year compared to the usual 33%.
But following the increase, hotels have put up their prices to cash in on the demand.
Fankhauser said: “We see that Spain is getting more expensive again this summer, compared to a very good-value-for-money proposition in the Eastern Mediterranean.”
A family of four can get seven nights in Turkey’s Bodrum from just £124.
Thomas Cook is also launching its first flights to Tunisia next week following a three year break.
The Foreign Office lifted its restrictions against travel to the once-hotspot last year and Thomas Cook began selling holidays there in August.
The British government has lifted its warning in Tunisia, apart from in the south and interior, and certain areas near the borders with Algeria and Libya.
It comes three years after 30 Brits were killed during an attack by an ISIS extremist in Port El Kantaoui.
Tunisian holidays are now extremely cheap given the recent lull in bookings.
Thomas Cook is offering a family of four all-inclusive deals including flights, during the summer holidays, from £634 per person.
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27
- WATCH: Stingray capable of killing humans spotted on shore metres from children on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:13
- British expats arrested and fined in new crackdown on ‘pirate taxis’ at Malaga airport - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:31
- BREAKING: Body washes up on beach near Marbella’s exclusive Golden Mile - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:05
- HE’S THE DADDY: Court rules Javier Santos IS the love child of Spanish superstar Julio Iglesias - 10 Jul, 2019 @ 18:01
- ‘WRONG MESSAGE’: Young man who accidentally killed drug addict while stopping him from robbing helpless cleaner on Spain’s Costa del Sol given two-year prison sentence and HUGE fine - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 12:37
- British giant Virgin Trains eyes up moving into Spain market after UK becomes ‘uninvestable’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:49
- Expert says southern Spain and Balearics at ‘great risk’ of tsunamis but authorities ‘are not prepared’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:19