DOZENS of dogs are in danger after their British expat owner died suddenly from a brain aneurysm.
Hope for Podenos, in Albacete, urgently needs €120,000 in just three weeks to save 40 dogs whose charity has been left without a benefactor and owner.
Suzannah Stacey unexpectedly died in January from a brain aneurysm after committing her life to saving podencos who had been abandoned and left for dead by Spanish hunters.
Co-founders Steve and Irene Allen are now pleading locals and expats for donations to help keep the charity going as all other funds are held up in probate.
Suzannah had sold her British home at the end of last year in a bid to purchase the propert outright, but died on January 23 before sealing the deal.
Irene Allen said: “We now need to raise the money from scratch to be able to secure the property again, even though we are living in it with the dogs already moved in and settled while waiting for their adoptions to their forever homes.
She added: “Last December Suzannah decided that all the monies from her property sale in the UK would go into buying the rescue centre.
“Sadly, this didn’t happen and has left us in a precarious position with the original owner, as they are now looking for the rest of the money.
“Her will hadn’t been changed in the UK so no monies will be coming to Spain.
“Suzannah would have been devastated at this, so we have to fight to keep the centre and our dream and so Suzannah’s name cannot be forgotten.”
You can donate here: www.youcaring.com/SaveHopeForPodencosCentre
- ‘Paedo’ football coach facing 100 YEARS behind bars for allegedly abusing 25 children in British expat hotspot near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 16:12
- WATCH: Russian-backed ‘Mansions of Banus’ development part of €200 million portfolio penned for Marbella and Costa del Sol - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 15:20
- British man dies after falling off pedalo in Spain despite green flags indicating sea was safe - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 12:33
- UNEARTHED: First Roman olive oil press EVER on Spain’s Costa del Sol as huge archaeology park planned - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 12:17
- British sex pest arrested in Marbella for harassing young woman with barrage of sexually explicit messages - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 11:54
- Boy, 8, dies in Spain after choking on hot dog during San Juan celebrations - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 11:30
- WATCH: Expat gives hilarious guide for boozy Brits heading to Marbella (WARNING: Not for the easily offended) - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 11:02
- SHAMEFUL: ‘Racist’ effigy mocking migrants shocks expats and locals ahead of San Juan celebrations on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 10:42
- OPINION: The Junta de Andalucia’s budgets which benefit residents are a welcome sight after decades of corruption - 23 Jun, 2019 @ 11:44
- Report warns 20% of Spain’s olive farms could disappear within a decade - 22 Jun, 2019 @ 15:05