A BRITISH woman who was raped on the Costa del Sol has caught her own alleged attacker after he took selfies on her stolen phone.
The young Brit, 23, was punched in the face and threatened before being raped in La Nogalera, Torremolinos.
She was knocked out cold during the attack and woke up naked from the waist down.
The attacker stole her phone in the February 11 attack, which occured at around 5am.
Her clothes were thrown away, but police found an earring and DNA evidence at the scene.
Witnesses said the British expat begged her attacker to stop and another who saw a man punch a woman who was calling for help around the head and body.
The rapist had fled the area by the time the Good Samaritan reacted.
But cops arrested a suspect within 48 hours after the victim contacted them to say she had spotted pictures of a man she recognised as her attacker on her Google Drive account.
The collection of selfies with his friends are believed to have been taken the day after the rape.
The suspect is a 22-year-old Spanish squatter who is already known to police.
He has been remanded in prison as the investigation and criminal probe continues.
A Policia Nacional spokesman said: “Police have arrested a man suspected of a sex attack in the area of La Nogalera during the early hours of February 11.
“The suspect, a 22-year-old Spaniard, is accused of sexual assault, robbery and wounding.
“The investigation was sparked by a complaint from a young woman who said she had been raped.
“She said she was waking in the La Nogalera area when she was approached by a stranger who hit her, threatened her and forced himself on her.
“She was treated at a local health centre she managed to reach after the incident.”
The spokesman added: “The suspect was carrying his alleged victim’s mobile phone when he was arrested.
“He was living in a squat in the area of Torremolinos where he was arrested.”
A source told the Sun: “The photos that appeared on her Google Drive were key in helping officers track down the suspect.”
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27
- WATCH: Stingray capable of killing humans spotted on shore metres from children on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:13
- British expats arrested and fined in new crackdown on ‘pirate taxis’ at Malaga airport - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:31
- BREAKING: Body washes up on beach near Marbella’s exclusive Golden Mile - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:05
- HE’S THE DADDY: Court rules Javier Santos IS the love child of Spanish superstar Julio Iglesias - 10 Jul, 2019 @ 18:01
- ‘WRONG MESSAGE’: Young man who accidentally killed drug addict while stopping him from robbing helpless cleaner on Spain’s Costa del Sol given two-year prison sentence and HUGE fine - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 12:37
- British giant Virgin Trains eyes up moving into Spain market after UK becomes ‘uninvestable’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:49
- Expert says southern Spain and Balearics at ‘great risk’ of tsunamis but authorities ‘are not prepared’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:19
- Iconic restaurant on Spain’s Costa del Sol divides opinion over sign declaring it ‘Spanish, Catholic and rightwing’ - 8 Jul, 2019 @ 16:54