AUSTRALIA has decided to join in on the mega-success that is Love Island, and has already found the perfect Mallorca property for their version of the ITV show.
Channel Nine down under has announced they are casting for contestants to come to Mallorca and find love – and a big chunk of cash.
“It’s a beautiful example of a hard core dating show with hotter people than you’ve ever seen in your life,” commented head of content production and development for Channel Nine, Adrian Swift.
“Getting the right villa has been massively expensive and complicated and getting the right talent will be a long, torturous process,” he continued.
Australian singer and actress Sophie Monk, 38, will be hosting the Mallorcan match-making show which will air later this year. London-born but raised on the Gold Coast, Monk was the Bachelorette on last years season of the Australian show, but announced her split from winner Stu Laundy this January.
“You can vote them out if you don’t believe they are in love,” Monk said of the new series. “At the end there is a lot of money and the couple either split it or one person takes it. So Australia kind of choose who is really in love. They send in intruders. It is exciting,” she teased.
- Sexy gingers who want a trip to Ibiza CLICK HERE - 25 Apr, 2019 @ 16:35
- The most beautiful village in Mallorca has been named - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 10:56
- Gender violence a top priority for New Police Commissioner of the Balearics - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 17:03
- Environmentalists call for huge expansion of the Cabrera National Park - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 15:50
- Promenade promises to create a whole new look for visitors arriving in Palma - 5 Nov, 2018 @ 11:13
- Five dead – including British tourists – and dozens still missing in Mallorca’s biggest flood in decades - 10 Oct, 2018 @ 10:11
- British tourist found floating in Ibiza’s Port of Sant Antoni - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:58
- Young expat starts campaign to raise awareness against balconing in Spain - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:09
- Boat propeller hacks off arm and leg of two young tourists in Spain - 1 Aug, 2018 @ 14:48
- Nit de L’Art and a month long Jazz festival coming to Sa Pobla - 23 Jul, 2018 @ 08:42