A SCHOOL bus driver has denied he has taken cocaine and heroin.
He insisted he had never taken drugs, after testing positive for the two drugs in a random test.
The 32-year-old was arrested during a new drug driving campaign in Llucmajor, which is randomly testing bus drivers and monitoring vehicle conditions.
“The machine does not work, I have never taken drugs,” he insisted.
“I was left speechless, all I can say is that it’s impossible, I have never taken drugs and I have not smoked for more than ten years,” he added.
The driver was so incensed he actually paid for his own private drug test, which was negative, to prove his innocence after returning to the police station the next day.
“I understand parents do not want their children to be driven by a drug addict. The proof that I have not taken anything is here, in this test,” the driver insisted.
“Machines and people have made mistakes, this is clearly one of those,” he added.
He is now fighting a €1000 fine and six point deduction off his licence.
British TV presenter Angela Rippon tested positive for opiates after eating poppy seeds in a loaf of bread for an experiment for Rip Off Britain: Food series.
The test picked up the presence of morphine, derived from opium, after she ate a loaf of poppy seed bread and a poppy seed bagel over the course of three days.
The experiment came about after a man called the programme saying he had been fired from his job at a power station, after a routine drug test showed opiates in his system, despite him never taking drugs.
- The most beautiful village in Mallorca has been named - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 10:56
- Gender violence a top priority for New Police Commissioner of the Balearics - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 17:03
- Environmentalists call for huge expansion of the Cabrera National Park - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 15:50
- Promenade promises to create a whole new look for visitors arriving in Palma - 5 Nov, 2018 @ 11:13
- Five dead – including British tourists – and dozens still missing in Mallorca’s biggest flood in decades - 10 Oct, 2018 @ 10:11
- British tourist found floating in Ibiza’s Port of Sant Antoni - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:58
- Young expat starts campaign to raise awareness against balconing in Spain - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:09
- Boat propeller hacks off arm and leg of two young tourists in Spain - 1 Aug, 2018 @ 14:48
- Nit de L’Art and a month long Jazz festival coming to Sa Pobla - 23 Jul, 2018 @ 08:42
- Mallorca has a historic number of employees working on the island - 11 Jul, 2018 @ 12:15