A DRUG mule has been allowed to return to Spain for a vital operation.
Alfredo Farina, who lived in Malaga, was caught with more than €60,000 worth of cannabis in a suitcase at Edinburgh Airport in January.
He pleaded guilty at Edinburgh Sheriff Court to being in possession of the drug on January 29.
His lawyer Iain Smith said he was a musician and had lived in Malaga for ten years.
But he added that he had been diagnosed with a brain tumour and possible prostate cancer.
An operation was arranged in Malaga on May 5 and his lawyer requested he be allowed to return to temporarily return to Spain.
Sheriff Crowe deferred sentence until August 20 and detained him for deportation.
Farina has been warned that if he does not return, an arrest warrant will be issued.
- TRAGIC APPEAL: British expat dad ‘drops dead’ at 39 leaving fiance and two children in desperate need on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:49
- P**S TAKER: You can now pee in Donald Trump’s mouth thanks to expat bar owner in Spain - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:17
- Irish dog walker stumbles upon dead dolphin washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 13:33
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27