A DRUG mule has been allowed to return to Spain for a vital operation.
Alfredo Farina, who lived in Malaga, was caught with more than €60,000 worth of cannabis in a suitcase at Edinburgh Airport in January.
He pleaded guilty at Edinburgh Sheriff Court to being in possession of the drug on January 29.
His lawyer Iain Smith said he was a musician and had lived in Malaga for ten years.
But he added that he had been diagnosed with a brain tumour and possible prostate cancer.
An operation was arranged in Malaga on May 5 and his lawyer requested he be allowed to return to temporarily return to Spain.
Sheriff Crowe deferred sentence until August 20 and detained him for deportation.
Farina has been warned that if he does not return, an arrest warrant will be issued.
- BREAKING: Reports of Vodafone being down in Spain - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 15:29
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29