Rugby Europe will analyse the match on Friday after Spain filed an official complaint of bias.
Belgium won the game 18-10 but referee Vlad Iordachescu’s performance on a boggy Brussels pitch infuriated Spain.
Their defeat meant Romania qualified for the 2019 world cup in Japan instead of them.
Spain will have to beat Portugal and Samoa in the play-offs if they want to reach Japan.
Rugby Europe said it would not be commenting until the ‘usual full review’ of the match official’s performance had been conducted.
“The meeting’s agenda will be modified and a large portion of it will be devoted to the analysis of every stage of the Belgium v Spain game,” it said.
“Following this meeting, a statement will be released to Rugby Europe Board of Directors for dissemination.”
- TRAGIC APPEAL: British expat dad ‘drops dead’ at 39 leaving fiance and two children in desperate need on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:49
- P**S TAKER: You can now pee in Donald Trump’s mouth thanks to expat bar owner in Spain - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:17
- Irish dog walker stumbles upon dead dolphin washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 13:33
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27