Juan Jose, 52, who is morbidly obese and had waterlogged lungs, had been unable to move for a week.
He had called daily for emergency services to help him move but claims he was not classed as an emergency.
The Malagueño has been suffering from anxiety and depression and has let his weight get out of control in the last year.
Once at Juan José’s house, the firefighters had to work carefully because he was very weak and needed oxygen.
The fact that he had not moved for a week and that his lungs were waterlogged was accompanied by a hemorrhage caused by the rupture of a vein.
Juan José had to be attended by the Medical Unit of Firemen and once in the street an ambulance equipped with a special stretcher to transfer patients with morbid obesity moved him to the Clinic.
But the difficulties continued, as the mechanized stretcher was prepared for 250 kilos and the weight of Juan José exceeded 300.
The fuses of the device jumped several times and the stretcher had to be rearmed.
Once at the clinic, specialists assessed the condition of Juan José before he was admitted to the emergency room.
Specialists said any surgical intervention to treat the morbid obesity has to be carried out under very strict conditions and that in the case of Juan José, it will be considered ‘whenever his state allows it’.
His sister Lola admitted that ‘in the last year things had gotten out of hand’.
Town hall sources have confirmed that in the last twelve months the weight of Juan José multiplied so quickly that since Christmas he has received a visit from the Social Emergency Unit to address his case on at least a dozen occasions.
- One hospitalised as roaring chemical plant fire in San Roque is brought under control - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 20:27
- Gibraltar says ‘no cause for concern’ as toxic smoke from San Roque chemical fire unlikely to affect British territory - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:55
- Firefighters near San Roque chemical fire warn of toxic smoke as Gibraltar government advises residents to CLOSE WINDOWS and doors - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:35
- WATCH: Homes evacuated as huge chemical fire ‘covers cars in ash’ and ‘turns sky dark’ near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:59
- IN VIDEOS: HUGE mushroom cloud of toxic black smoke as fire BLAZES at chemical plant near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:16
- BREAKING: Incident at San Roque oil refinery as flames and smoke billow from plant - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:54
- PLEASE SHARE: British teen launches last-ditch appeal to find dad who vanished from Spain’s Costa Blanca almost 10 years ago - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:34
- Shots fired at mosque in Spain - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:37
- BLUFFING MUFFINS: WARNING as batches of ‘fake gluten and dairy free’ magdalenas across Spain at risk of causing widespread allergic reactions - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:27
- IN PICS: Saudi tycoon’s HUGE €200 million yacht arrives on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 13:59