Juan Jose, 52, who is morbidly obese and had waterlogged lungs, had been unable to move for a week.
He had called daily for emergency services to help him move but claims he was not classed as an emergency.
The Malagueño has been suffering from anxiety and depression and has let his weight get out of control in the last year.
Once at Juan José’s house, the firefighters had to work carefully because he was very weak and needed oxygen.
The fact that he had not moved for a week and that his lungs were waterlogged was accompanied by a hemorrhage caused by the rupture of a vein.
Juan José had to be attended by the Medical Unit of Firemen and once in the street an ambulance equipped with a special stretcher to transfer patients with morbid obesity moved him to the Clinic.
But the difficulties continued, as the mechanized stretcher was prepared for 250 kilos and the weight of Juan José exceeded 300.
The fuses of the device jumped several times and the stretcher had to be rearmed.
Once at the clinic, specialists assessed the condition of Juan José before he was admitted to the emergency room.
Specialists said any surgical intervention to treat the morbid obesity has to be carried out under very strict conditions and that in the case of Juan José, it will be considered ‘whenever his state allows it’.
His sister Lola admitted that ‘in the last year things had gotten out of hand’.
Town hall sources have confirmed that in the last twelve months the weight of Juan José multiplied so quickly that since Christmas he has received a visit from the Social Emergency Unit to address his case on at least a dozen occasions.
- TRAGIC APPEAL: British expat dad ‘drops dead’ at 39 leaving fiance and two children in desperate need on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:49
- P**S TAKER: You can now pee in Donald Trump’s mouth thanks to expat bar owner in Spain - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:17
- Irish dog walker stumbles upon dead dolphin washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 13:33
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27