THE victim of a child rapist who fled to Malaga has revealed how her decades-wait for justice destroyed her life.
Twisted nightclub owner Alan Hollis repeatedly raped the woman when she was a little girl in Liverpool in the 1970s.
The 70-year-old, who was also a private detective, was finally arrested in 1996 after the victim plucked up the courage to call police.
He was bailed to appear at Liverpool Magistrates’ Court on the condition he surrender his passport, but fled the country.
The paedophile was caught at Gatwick Airport as he attempted to fly to Florida in 2007 and was taken back to Liverpool.
But unbelievably, he was granted bail under the condition he handed over his passport.
He fled to Malaga on a fake passport and lived under a false name.
Spanish police eventually caged Hollis in March last year and he was sent back to the UK to
His victim told Liverpool Crown Court how the abuse ‘had a negative effect on me my whole life’ and that she ‘went off the rails’.
She said: “When I told the police about what had happened in 1996, I felt a range of emotions and relief that I was giving myself the opportunity to get it out in the open and have some closure.
“I knew he was arrested and charged with the things he did to me, but then I was told by police that he didn’t turn up at court, and that he had left his house.
“I couldn’t believe it, but there was nothing I could do, so I just locked it all away again and tried my best not to think about it.
“In 2007 I was again told that he had been arrested and all the feelings and emotions came flooding back again.
“To be again told that he had again failed to attend court was so hard to deal with.”
Hollis abused his victim from when she was aged just four.
The woman became a binge drinker and used drugs in her later life.
She said:”“When officers came to my house this year to tell me Hollis had been arrested I fell to the floor, I was hysterical and shaking.
“The feelings again came flooding back – I really need this to come to an end.
“Sometimes over the years I have wished that he would die of natural causes, hoping that it would give me some peace knowing he wasn’t here.
“But then I feel that would be too nice a thing to happen for what he did to me and the torment I have experienced my whole life.”
Hollis was a violent abuser who made his victim masturbate him and perform sex acts while making her watch porn.
She said: “I truly believe if he hadn’t done those things to me, I would have taken a different path in life.
“Although I have done my best to lock it away and not think about it, I have daily reminders and it never goes away.”
She continues to suffer with anxiety, panic attacks and depression, and has now started counselling.
She said: “I think that because I know he is now in custody, I can now allow myself to open up about it.
“For years I feel like I have been in limbo, like my life has been on hold. I hate him passionately for what he did to me and for running away.
“It’s something I just live with. It will never ever go away, it will live with me forever.”
Hollis was jailed for 15 years and nine months, after admitting rape and six counts of indecent assault.
Judge Denis Watson, QC, said the victim’s statement revealed the ‘severe psychological harm’ he caused.
He said: “It is a sample of the horrific impact, the life-changing impact, that your offending has had on her.”
The judge added: “She has been waiting since 1996 to hear you say you’re guilty.”
Hollis will spend at least half of the term behind bars, but only be released early if a parole board deems it safe.
Hollis must sign on the Sex Offenders Register for life and comply with an indefinite restraining order.
- Brazilian soldier from convoy of President Bolsonaro arrested for smuggling cocaine into Spain’s Sevilla after controversial leader vowed to crack down on drugs - 26 Jun, 2019 @ 12:41
- One hospitalised as roaring chemical plant fire in San Roque is brought under control - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 20:27
- Gibraltar says ‘no cause for concern’ as toxic smoke from San Roque chemical fire unlikely to affect British territory - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:55
- Firefighters near San Roque chemical fire warn of toxic smoke as Gibraltar government advises residents to CLOSE WINDOWS and doors - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:35
- WATCH: Homes evacuated as huge chemical fire ‘covers cars in ash’ and ‘turns sky dark’ near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:59
- IN VIDEOS: HUGE mushroom cloud of toxic black smoke as fire BLAZES at chemical plant near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:16
- BREAKING: Incident at San Roque oil refinery as flames and smoke billow from plant - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:54
- PLEASE SHARE: British teen launches last-ditch appeal to find dad who vanished from Spain’s Costa Blanca almost 10 years ago - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:34
- Shots fired at mosque in Spain - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:37
- BLUFFING MUFFINS: WARNING as batches of ‘fake gluten and dairy free’ magdalenas across Spain at risk of causing widespread allergic reactions - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:27