THE family of missing British expat Lisa Brown have offered a €114,000 reward for information in a desperate plea to find the truth.
Scot Lisa, 31, went missing from her home in Guadiaro, Cadiz on November 4 2015.
The appeal is supported by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and Spanish authorities and is backed up by a reward of up to £100,000 (€114,000) from the family, which is supported by UK charity Crimestoppers.
Craig Douglas, Brown’s brother, said their family believes that there is a ‘wall of silence’ among the English-speaking community in southern Spain over his sister’s disappearance.
“We are sure that people know what happened and ask them to think of a little boy who asks every night when his Mummy is coming home. We also hope that the reward might persuade people to tell us what happened,” Craig said in a press conference, attended by the Olive Press this morning.
Roger Critchell, Crimestoppers Director of Operations, said: “The family are desperate to find out what happened to Lisa. We understand that people are not always willing to go to the police so we would urge them to contact Crimestoppers with 100% anonymity through our phone line and our online form.”
British Ambassador Simon Manley said he hoped the launch of this appeal is effective as he offered his support at the meeting.
“Citizen collaboration is essential in these kind of cases,” the Ambassador said.
“Cooperation between Spanish and British security forces is another key element, and both countries have an excellent relationship in this field.”
Those with information can contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 and 900 555 111 in
Spain or via the web form at https://crimestoppers-uk.org/give-information/give-information-online.
The reward will be paid out to any providing substantial information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible or results in identifying the whereabouts of the body. The reward will be valid for six months dating from March 23.
- IN PICS: ‘One million’ march against Brexit in London - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 20:14
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31