23 Mar, 2018 @ 10:00
1 min read

Family of missing British expat Lisa Brown offer €114,000 for information on her disappearance from southern Spain

lisabrown  e
STILL MISSING: Lisa Brown vanished in 2015
STILL MISSING: Lisa Brown was due to start a new job in Gibraltar when she disappeared

THE family of missing British expat Lisa Brown have offered a €114,000 reward for information in a desperate plea to find the truth.

Scot Lisa, 31, went missing from her home in Guadiaro, Cadiz on November 4 2015.

The appeal is supported by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and Spanish authorities and is backed up by a reward of up to £100,000 (€114,000) from the family, which is supported by UK charity Crimestoppers.

Craig Douglas, Brown’s brother, said their family believes that there is a ‘wall of silence’ among the English-speaking community in southern Spain over his sister’s disappearance.

“We are sure that people know what happened and ask them to think of a little boy who asks every night when his Mummy is coming home. We also hope that the reward might persuade people to tell us what happened,” Craig said in a press conference, attended by the Olive Press this morning.

FRESH APPEAL: To find Lisa

Roger Critchell, Crimestoppers Director of Operations, said: “The family are desperate to find out what happened to Lisa. We understand that people are not always willing to go to the police so we would urge them to contact Crimestoppers with 100% anonymity through our phone line and our online form.”

British Ambassador Simon Manley said he hoped the launch of this appeal is effective as he offered his support at the meeting.

“Citizen collaboration is essential in these kind of cases,” the Ambassador said.

“Cooperation between Spanish and British security forces is another key element, and both countries have an excellent relationship in this field.”

Those with information can contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 and 900 555 111 in

Spain or via the web form at https://crimestoppers-uk.org/give-information/give-information-online.

The reward will be paid out to any providing substantial information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible or results in identifying the whereabouts of the body. The reward will be valid for six months dating from March 23.

Laurence Dollimore

Laurence has a BA and MA in International Relations and a Gold Standard diploma in Multi-Media journalism from News Associates in London. He has almost a decade of experience and previously worked as a senior reporter for the Mail Online in London.

GOT A STORY? Contact [email protected] or call +34 951 273 575 Twitter: @olivepress

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

BED FE AC BDA DEEBDC
Previous Story

The March of Progress?

storm hugo
Next Story

Weather BOMB coming to Spain TODAY with orange alerts for southern coast

Latest from Crime & Law

Go toTop

More From The Olive Press