A BRITISH expat claims his bike business has already changed ‘dramatically’ since the UK voted for Brexit.
Gary Routledge, originally from Elgin, Scotland, has been living in Jaen, Andalucia, for the past 10 years.
The Scot, who is currently applying for citizenship in Spain, has run a bike shop for almost a decade.
But since the Brexit vote he has had to almost entirely stop ordering parts from the UK.
He said: “Since Brexit kicked in we have started to buy less bikes from the UK due to the fact that bikes have gone up in value – they charge us more for the same bike.
“So we are now buying more Spanish bikes. We buy 80% of our bikes from Spain now and 20% from the UK, whereas it used to be 100% from the UK.
“So the UK is losing out both from us and the wholesalers who we speak to.”
- British boy, 5, who drowned near Spain’s Costa del Sol was visiting expat granddad - 20 Jun, 2019 @ 13:48
- REVEALED: Spain to have ‘warmer than average’ summer with Costa del Sol among hottest areas - 20 Jun, 2019 @ 13:26
- ‘WE’RE BEING POISONED’: Video of ship billowing black fumes ‘onto people’s homes’ outrages Gibraltar residents - 20 Jun, 2019 @ 11:43
- BREAKING: Reports of Vodafone being down in Spain - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 15:29
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38