A BRITISH fugitive wanted in connection with the disappearance of Lisa Brown has been arrested at a UK airport.
Simon Corner, 35, was cuffed at London Heathrow airport this morning after a European Arrest Warrant was issued last month.
It comes after the family of Lisa launched a £100,000 reward for information on Corner’s whereabouts at a press conference in Algeciras in March.
Lisa, from Scotland, vanished aged 32 in November 2015 from her home in Guadiaro near Gibraltar and is presumed dead by her family and Spanish police.
Her sister Helen said: “We are as happy as we can be. We expect extradition to run its course now. We don’t think there’s any chance he will be let out again by the Spanish courts before his trial.”
He now faces extradition to Spain to face trial.
Corner remains under investigation on suspicion of Lisa’s homicide – along with six other Brits suspected of obstruction of justice.
- Expats rally around British pensioner made homeless on Spain’s Costa del Sol as alleged ‘squatter tenants’ speak out - 25 Apr, 2019 @ 20:32
- British expats and locals FUMING as celebrity chef Dani Garcia’s chiringuito gets go ahead on protected land in southern Spain - 25 Apr, 2019 @ 12:16
- Mercadona refuses to review security measures on Spain’s Costa del Sol after string of British expats robbed in its stores - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 13:33
- Popular drag queen attacked by group of homophobic ‘foreign’ men in gay-friendly Torremolinos - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:50
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09