ANDY Warhol’s work is coming to the Costa del Sol.
A special curated exhibition at Museo Picasso in Malaga will showcase the complex artistic production of one of the biggest names in art history.
The show will centre on the development of Warhol’s legacy during his career.
It will demonstrate the ‘repetitive, schematizing and contrived nature of Andy Warhol’s visual works’ that the artist has explored and exhibited for more than three decades ‘through his feverish creative activity.’
Entitled Warhol. Mechanical Art, the exhibition will show off the iconic pieces that made his career one of the most succesful in the 20th century, including Campbell’s Soup Cans.
There will be almost 400 pieces on display, including his paintings, sculptures, drawings, silkscreen paintings, installations, artist books, films, record sleeves, posters, magazines, designer objects and photographs.
Every piece has been sourced on loan from 45 different sources.
Warhol was the master and creator of pop art, creating iconic portraits of the likes of Marilyn Monroe, Liz Taylor and Jackie Kennedy.
His work has remained popular and worth millions to this day.
Andy Warhol’s Mechanical Art is scheduled to be on view from May 31 through September 16.
- BREAKING: Reports of Vodafone being down in Spain - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 15:29
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29