ANDY Warhol’s work is coming to the Costa del Sol.
A special curated exhibition at Museo Picasso in Malaga will showcase the complex artistic production of one of the biggest names in art history.
The show will centre on the development of Warhol’s legacy during his career.
It will demonstrate the ‘repetitive, schematizing and contrived nature of Andy Warhol’s visual works’ that the artist has explored and exhibited for more than three decades ‘through his feverish creative activity.’
Entitled Warhol. Mechanical Art, the exhibition will show off the iconic pieces that made his career one of the most succesful in the 20th century, including Campbell’s Soup Cans.
There will be almost 400 pieces on display, including his paintings, sculptures, drawings, silkscreen paintings, installations, artist books, films, record sleeves, posters, magazines, designer objects and photographs.
Every piece has been sourced on loan from 45 different sources.
Warhol was the master and creator of pop art, creating iconic portraits of the likes of Marilyn Monroe, Liz Taylor and Jackie Kennedy.
His work has remained popular and worth millions to this day.
Andy Warhol’s Mechanical Art is scheduled to be on view from May 31 through September 16.
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27
- ANOTHER bank leaves Gibraltar ‘thanks to Brexit’ as opposition party calls on government to encourage big businesses to stay on the Rock - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 17:53
- British drug dealer cuffed ‘outside military establishment’ in Gibraltar carrying large amounts of cocaine - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 15:37
- IN PICS: Torching of Marbella beach club – favourite of Pamela Anderson and Eva Longoria – ‘most likely settling of accounts’, police reveal - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 13:20
- Endangered rhino, lion, hippo and tigers part of more than 200 species found at illegal taxidermist in Spain - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 11:26