As first revealed by an Olive Press investigation five years ago, the non-profit refuge, in Torremolinos, was used as a way to generate cash for boss Carmen Marin and her family.
While Marin is now in prison for animal cruelty and falsifying documents – thousand of animals died painful deaths without the correct amounts of drugs – as the inquiry moves onto her two children, her son-in-law and her assistant at the shelter.
It is alleged Marin’s assistant spent more than €14,000 on a car, while her daughter spent €104,000 on a total refit of her cosmetic clinic is Los Alamos.
Marin went on shopping sprees and used money obtained from killing the animals to rent cars, pay for gym memberships, driving lessons and stays at luxury hotels in Marbella, Lisbon, Marrakech and the US.
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27
- ANOTHER bank leaves Gibraltar ‘thanks to Brexit’ as opposition party calls on government to encourage big businesses to stay on the Rock - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 17:53
- British drug dealer cuffed ‘outside military establishment’ in Gibraltar carrying large amounts of cocaine - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 15:37
- IN PICS: Torching of Marbella beach club – favourite of Pamela Anderson and Eva Longoria – ‘most likely settling of accounts’, police reveal - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 13:20