A BRITISH couple have been charged with child abandonment after repeatedly leaving their children alone at a Mallorca hotel to go out drinking.
The Scottish couple were arrested after hotel staff alerted police to their drunken antics.
The pair had left their 11 and four-year-old alone at the Palma Bay Hotel and were drunk for most of their trip.
The couple ignored the hotel staff’s warning that it was against the law to leave them alone.
They claimed another British couple at the hotel had agreed to watch them.
Other families reported looking after the girls for hours on end after finding them alone in the hotel, day and night.
Police arrived at the hotel to find the parents as well as a last-minute babysitter, drunk.
The mother and step-father have been arrested, while their children have been taken into protective custody.
- Activists propose daily tax for Balearic cruise ship passengers - 26 May, 2018 @ 21:02
- Branson embraces Balearic life while Necker Island is rebuilt - 26 May, 2018 @ 18:44
- Chinese film industry eyes up purchase of Spanish locations - 26 May, 2018 @ 16:44
- Podemos leader faces confidence vote after ‘luxury’ home purchase - 26 May, 2018 @ 12:13
- Stunning Kensington pine walk property goes on the market in Pollensa - 25 May, 2018 @ 17:13
- Magaluf hit-and-run Brit is younger sister of expat drug lord - 25 May, 2018 @ 13:13
- Balearic president to meet with airlines to safeguard resident discounts - 25 May, 2018 @ 11:19
- Airport group goes public with concerns over transporting drunk passengers - 24 May, 2018 @ 16:44
- British tourists warned over balcony antics in new safety video - 24 May, 2018 @ 14:37
- British bar managed arrested over the death of Northern Irish tourist in Magaluf - 24 May, 2018 @ 12:33