CAN I drive after a beer or a couple glasses of wine?
These are questions many of us have asked during a dinner or get together with friends.
Now the Guardia Civil has published a graph detailing the possibilities of testing positive on an alcohol test depending on how much you have drunk.
The table takes into account sex and weight and alcohol levels according to the type and amount of alcohol ingested.
A man between 70 and 90 kilos could take a one caña (a third) of one beer, or two glasses of wine or vermouth and a positive blood alcohol result would be unlikely.
In the case of a woman between 50 and 70 kilos, the limits would be: a third of a beer (caña), a glass of wine or a glass of vermouth.
El alcohol, incluso en dosis pequeñas, tiene una influencia negativa a la hora de conducir.
Cualquier cantidad ingerida afecta a tus reflejos durante la conducción, aumenta el tiempo de reacción, reduce el campo visual……
Si conduces ya sabes 0?,0? #ViajeSeguro pic.twitter.com/2AOOuxzsMt
— Guardia Civil (@guardiacivil) April 30, 2018
The Guardia Civil warns that ‘alcohol, even in small doses, has a negative influence when driving. Any amount ingested affects your reflexes during driving, your reaction time and reduces the visual field.’
The maximum limits allowed in Spain to legally drive are 0.5 grams per liter in blood and 0.25 milligrams per liter in expired air for drivers in general and 0.3 grams per liter in blood and 0,15 milligrams per liter of expired air for novice and professional drivers.
- Out of this world: ‘Green Spaceship’ to dock in Madrid - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:24
- After a five-year period of sustained growth, there is a change in the air in Marbella, reports Diana Morales Properties - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:14
- Rule-breaking Madrid design firm gives grunge office block some colour therapy - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 18:52
- The latest mega-development for Gibraltar has all the signs of being a big hit with investors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 12:43
- Madrid architects take centre stage with their dramatic conversion of a historic playhouse - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:25
- BBQ King: Ingenious pellet stove barbecues are a dream come true for cooking outdoors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:09
- Famous British businessman and Premier League football star flock to new Benahavis development - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:08
- Barcelona Unesco treasure hosts Scottish cancer charity’s first care centre on the continent - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:47
- Amazing conversion: how to bring a beautiful old abandoned 18th century townhouse back to life - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:40
- 5 Ideas of Having Fun in Internet - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 09:23