CAN I drive after a beer or a couple glasses of wine?
These are questions many of us have asked during a dinner or get together with friends.
Now the Guardia Civil has published a graph detailing the possibilities of testing positive on an alcohol test depending on how much you have drunk.
The table takes into account sex and weight and alcohol levels according to the type and amount of alcohol ingested.
A man between 70 and 90 kilos could take a one caña (a third) of one beer, or two glasses of wine or vermouth and a positive blood alcohol result would be unlikely.
In the case of a woman between 50 and 70 kilos, the limits would be: a third of a beer (caña), a glass of wine or a glass of vermouth.
El alcohol, incluso en dosis pequeñas, tiene una influencia negativa a la hora de conducir.
Cualquier cantidad ingerida afecta a tus reflejos durante la conducción, aumenta el tiempo de reacción, reduce el campo visual……
Si conduces ya sabes 0?,0? #ViajeSeguro pic.twitter.com/2AOOuxzsMt
— Guardia Civil (@guardiacivil) April 30, 2018
The Guardia Civil warns that ‘alcohol, even in small doses, has a negative influence when driving. Any amount ingested affects your reflexes during driving, your reaction time and reduces the visual field.’
The maximum limits allowed in Spain to legally drive are 0.5 grams per liter in blood and 0.25 milligrams per liter in expired air for drivers in general and 0.3 grams per liter in blood and 0,15 milligrams per liter of expired air for novice and professional drivers.
- Almost 40% of Spaniards fear Brexit will have a ‘very negative’ impact on Spain’s economy - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:03
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05
- World Dance Day Saturday 13th April 2019 - 12 Apr, 2019 @ 16:38
- 10 Incredible Ways Technology Will Change Education By 2028 - 11 Apr, 2019 @ 14:30
- Airlines in Europe could soon be forced to fork out €1,400 for every piece of lost luggage - 7 Apr, 2019 @ 10:31
- Spain has one of smallest number of food-related deaths in world - 6 Apr, 2019 @ 11:00