CAN I drive after a beer or a couple glasses of wine?
These are questions many of us have asked during a dinner or get together with friends.
Now the Guardia Civil has published a graph detailing the possibilities of testing positive on an alcohol test depending on how much you have drunk.
The table takes into account sex and weight and alcohol levels according to the type and amount of alcohol ingested.
A man between 70 and 90 kilos could take a one caña (a third) of one beer, or two glasses of wine or vermouth and a positive blood alcohol result would be unlikely.
In the case of a woman between 50 and 70 kilos, the limits would be: a third of a beer (caña), a glass of wine or a glass of vermouth.
El alcohol, incluso en dosis pequeñas, tiene una influencia negativa a la hora de conducir.
Cualquier cantidad ingerida afecta a tus reflejos durante la conducción, aumenta el tiempo de reacción, reduce el campo visual……
Si conduces ya sabes 0?,0? #ViajeSeguro pic.twitter.com/2AOOuxzsMt
— Guardia Civil (@guardiacivil) April 30, 2018
The Guardia Civil warns that ‘alcohol, even in small doses, has a negative influence when driving. Any amount ingested affects your reflexes during driving, your reaction time and reduces the visual field.’
The maximum limits allowed in Spain to legally drive are 0.5 grams per liter in blood and 0.25 milligrams per liter in expired air for drivers in general and 0.3 grams per liter in blood and 0,15 milligrams per liter of expired air for novice and professional drivers.
- Caught live: Massive winner from UK’s most relevant band of the last few decades - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 20:42
- 11 new villages make it onto Spain’s ‘most beautiful’ list - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 12:40
- FAB FRESCOS: Spain has some of the best, but how many do you recognise? - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 10:51
- Maldonado’s Mijas is like nowhere else says Bill Anderson as just five are running the town council - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Benabola Hotel in Marbella gets a revamped roof terrace ready for the summer season - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- EXPANSION: Pole position as long-running expat agent opens fifth office in central Marbella - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:31
- Using Cryptocurrency as a Major Mode of Payment - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 07:58
- WATCH: Dramatic six-car pile-up blocks Marbella tunnel as Guardia Civil on scene - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:58
- Mallorca finca featured in New York Times - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:21
- World Trade Center Gibraltar celebrates two years of thriving international business - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 09:45