IT’S known for its buzzing food scene and is home to a Michelin star, so when the prime minister of the country visited Ronda with his family, you would have thought he would pay successful local eateries a visit.
Not so for Mariano Rajoy, who opted for greasy McDonalds on Plaza de España instead, where he posed for photos with fellow fast food lovers.
Confirming his quest for a Big Mac wasn’t an ‘I’m just like you’ photo opportunity, he was later spotted at 100Montaditos, a fast food tapas joint.
One boss of Quercus restaurant in nearby Jimera told the Olive Press: “The guy is a disgrace – all those fantastic local restaurants and ingredients and he goes to McDonald’s!
“The prime minister of this country – shows how much he cares about good local organic food and businesses. Some support. Shocking.”
Rajoy was visiting the Malaga town with family and stayed at the Parador de Ronda on the Tagus river.
He also held a meeting with party leaders in Ronda before returning to Madrid.
- Mercadona refuses to review security measures on Spain’s Costa del Sol after string of British expats robbed in its stores - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 13:33
- Popular drag queen attacked by group of homophobic ‘foreign’ men in gay-friendly Torremolinos - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:50
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33