IT’S known for its buzzing food scene and is home to a Michelin star, so when the prime minister of the country visited Ronda with his family, you would have thought he would pay successful local eateries a visit.
Not so for Mariano Rajoy, who opted for greasy McDonalds on Plaza de España instead, where he posed for photos with fellow fast food lovers.
Confirming his quest for a Big Mac wasn’t an ‘I’m just like you’ photo opportunity, he was later spotted at 100Montaditos, a fast food tapas joint.
One boss of Quercus restaurant in nearby Jimera told the Olive Press: “The guy is a disgrace – all those fantastic local restaurants and ingredients and he goes to McDonald’s!
“The prime minister of this country – shows how much he cares about good local organic food and businesses. Some support. Shocking.”
Rajoy was visiting the Malaga town with family and stayed at the Parador de Ronda on the Tagus river.
He also held a meeting with party leaders in Ronda before returning to Madrid.
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27
- ANOTHER bank leaves Gibraltar ‘thanks to Brexit’ as opposition party calls on government to encourage big businesses to stay on the Rock - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 17:53
- British drug dealer cuffed ‘outside military establishment’ in Gibraltar carrying large amounts of cocaine - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 15:37
- IN PICS: Torching of Marbella beach club – favourite of Pamela Anderson and Eva Longoria – ‘most likely settling of accounts’, police reveal - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 13:20