TWO Spanish cities have been ranked in the top 10 cities in the world for food.
TripAdvisor has just released a list of its top 10 food cities, based on data gathered using an algorithm that looked at bookings, traveller reviews and ratings from its 455 million visitors each month.
Barcelona was ranked 4th in the list, followed by Madrid at 8th.
“Foodie experiences are dominating traveller booking growth,” a TripAdvisor spokesperson said.
“Food tours are the fastest growing experiences category on our site based on traveller spend, which increased a whopping 61% last year versus 2016.”
Barcelona was noted for its contemporary Spanish and Catalan cuisine fusion and a seemingly infinite line-up of unassuming tapas bars, all-day eateries and upscale, Michelin-starred restaurants.
Madrid, the home of patatas bravas, was praised for its hidden gems, Michelin stars and popular food tours.
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40