TWO Spanish cities have been ranked in the top 10 cities in the world for food.
TripAdvisor has just released a list of its top 10 food cities, based on data gathered using an algorithm that looked at bookings, traveller reviews and ratings from its 455 million visitors each month.
Barcelona was ranked 4th in the list, followed by Madrid at 8th.
“Foodie experiences are dominating traveller booking growth,” a TripAdvisor spokesperson said.
“Food tours are the fastest growing experiences category on our site based on traveller spend, which increased a whopping 61% last year versus 2016.”
Barcelona was noted for its contemporary Spanish and Catalan cuisine fusion and a seemingly infinite line-up of unassuming tapas bars, all-day eateries and upscale, Michelin-starred restaurants.
Madrid, the home of patatas bravas, was praised for its hidden gems, Michelin stars and popular food tours.
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Young paedo groomed at least 10 children across Spain’s Alicante, Andalucia and Valencia and paid them for explicit images while posing as underage girl online - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:26