Its cultural life is vibrant with outdoor concerts and arty murals.
The beaches are long, wide and invite you to play, flirt or exercise while the popular boardwalk is always active with people rollerblading, walking the dog or just sitting and watching the world go by.
You can enjoy strolling between the town’s cafés and the beach’s chiringuitos, or the simple restaurants that offer little more than deliciously grilled fish on the spit.
You are rarely dressed up, the line between the beach and the city flows together and gives life that relaxed feel.
And as if that wasn’t enough, the quality of restaurants is remarkably good, with the food market soon to make its culinary contribution.
Estepona was once a slumbering fishing village, but today the city has spread along the coast and up the mountains while consciously keeping its low skyline.
So even though it has ‘grown up’, now home to more than 70,000 people, it has managed to maintain its ‘Spanish- ness’ and its openness towards us foreigners who are curious and want to be involved, understand and participate.
Estepona is a natural and less well-groomed little sister to Marbella, less ‘bling bling’ and more genuine and cool – and that’s why Estepona ‘es mejor’!
- 11 Reasons Why Over 75,000 International Students Choose to Study in Spain - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 19:05
- Out of this world: ‘Green Spaceship’ to dock in Madrid - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:24
- After a five-year period of sustained growth, there is a change in the air in Marbella, reports Diana Morales Properties - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:14
- Rule-breaking Madrid design firm gives grunge office block some colour therapy - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 18:52
- The latest mega-development for Gibraltar has all the signs of being a big hit with investors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 12:43
- Madrid architects take centre stage with their dramatic conversion of a historic playhouse - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:25
- BBQ King: Ingenious pellet stove barbecues are a dream come true for cooking outdoors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:09
- Famous British businessman and Premier League football star flock to new Benahavis development - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:08
- Barcelona Unesco treasure hosts Scottish cancer charity’s first care centre on the continent - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:47
- Amazing conversion: how to bring a beautiful old abandoned 18th century townhouse back to life - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:40