Its cultural life is vibrant with outdoor concerts and arty murals.
The beaches are long, wide and invite you to play, flirt or exercise while the popular boardwalk is always active with people rollerblading, walking the dog or just sitting and watching the world go by.
You can enjoy strolling between the town’s cafés and the beach’s chiringuitos, or the simple restaurants that offer little more than deliciously grilled fish on the spit.
You are rarely dressed up, the line between the beach and the city flows together and gives life that relaxed feel.
And as if that wasn’t enough, the quality of restaurants is remarkably good, with the food market soon to make its culinary contribution.
Estepona was once a slumbering fishing village, but today the city has spread along the coast and up the mountains while consciously keeping its low skyline.
So even though it has ‘grown up’, now home to more than 70,000 people, it has managed to maintain its ‘Spanish- ness’ and its openness towards us foreigners who are curious and want to be involved, understand and participate.
Estepona is a natural and less well-groomed little sister to Marbella, less ‘bling bling’ and more genuine and cool – and that’s why Estepona ‘es mejor’!
- British RAF pilot brings new – and MUCH cheaper – property listing concept to Spain - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 17:21
- Spain’s Supreme Court bans historic bull hunting and spearing tradition in Castilla y Leon - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 11:00
- Malaga’s ‘Banksy’ attracts world attention replicating masterpieces on the streets of Spain and Europe - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 10:00
- M1 Legal is stacking up the victories against Spain’s Timeshare giants - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 11:13
- How to Improve Academic Writing Skills for UK University Admission - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 09:37
- Giant electricity pylons rampaging across the valley vista in Sierra Nevada - 21 Mar, 2019 @ 18:57
- Living with Gaudi – Turkish art dealer builds home inside iconic tourist attraction - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 18:38
- Spain tops global health league but all is not well for expats - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 16:59
- Lady Elizabeth School, in Benitachell Alicante, is to have its grand inauguration this month - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:32
- How do casino promotions work in Spain? - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:05