Welcome to Alcazaba Lagoon, the first Crystal Lagoon in Europe.
The luxurious €200 million residential development, in the hills of Casares, next to Estepona Golf, opened its amazing Crystal Lagoon last summer, and it is already wowing visitors with its sparkling turquoise waters and white sandy beaches.
“You will be able to sit, have a beer and something to eat while you watch a movie, or even a football match, with the backdrop of the lagoon,” said Pablo Chenevey, General Manager of Osim, which is developing the project.
“We’ll be showing everything from kids films to World Cup games and cult classics,” he explained. “But there’s so many new things to offer… and some nice, big surprises,” added the Chilean expat, whose company is behind numerous developments along the Costa del Sol.
With a depth up to three metres and a surface area of 1.4 hectares, the private lagoon is a watersport lover’s paradise, with the option to freely use kayaks, stand up paddles, sailing boats and pedalos.
“So we said, why don’t we have a private beach for our clients?
“A space where people could walk to, sunbathe, enjoy kite-surfing or sailing – just like being at the beach. “And the best thing is you can relax knowing that your children are being watched by lifeguards in a protected area.”
The lagoon is also environmentally friendly as it uses little water consumption, little electricity and next to no chemicals.
Chenevey added: “You might think that we use a lot of water but the great thing is that once the lagoon is full, you need just half of the water you would use for a lawn.
“We use only 2% of electricity that you would use for a regular swimming pool due to the cleaning system here.”
So far 100 properties have already been sold, while another 78 are currently on the market and are set to be completed from June 2019.
Prices range from €220,000 for a two bedroom apartment, and up to €400,000 for a penthouse.
Soon there will be the option of an onsite sales and rental office, offering services for those renting out their apartment for a fixed rental guarantee or by splitting rental fees.
“We will take care of everything – check-in, cleaning, booking, maintenance, etc.
And it doesn’t finish there, with plans underway to build a further 222 apartments and a 40-room hotel over the next five years, Alcazaba Lagoon is set to be one of the most exclusive places to buy on the Costa. Visit www.alcazabalagoon.com
- SHOP TO THE TOP: How did new Andalucia leader Juanma Moreno go from green grocer’s assistant to Junta boss? - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 12:00
- CANDY CRUSH: 400 of biggest brands in Spain set for huge sugar tax in bid to improve health - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- British aristocrat ‘entirely unaware’ he had 7th century Spanish ornaments rotting away in back garden - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Spain will AGAIN fight for shared sovereignty over Gibraltar after Brexit - 29 Jan, 2019 @ 20:45
- British pensioners in Spain to lose free healthcare under no-deal Brexit - 29 Jan, 2019 @ 18:06
- Why the ancient Treasure of Guarrazar was ditched in a field in Spain - 27 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Pioneering surgery performed on ‘inoperable’ patient with pancreatic cancer in Spain - 27 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- HEROES: These are the eight specialist miners working round-the-clock to rescue little Julen in Malaga - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 23:50
- Rescuers resume digging to reach little Julen after completing fourth controlled explosion in Malaga - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 23:02
- JULEN UPDATE: Two hours before miners in Malaga can resume digging - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 21:03