So Marbella town hall was rightly happy to be cutting the ribbon at the first development by the UK & European group in Andalucia.
Councillor Cristobal Garre Murcia welcomed the British group and its director Fraser Denton at the launch of the 9 Lions Residences, in Nueva Andalucia, and then cut the ribbon for the development.
“It’s great to have such an esteemed group joining the high-quality end of the market in Marbella,” he said.
In an enviable location with stunning views across the Med and inland to the Serrania de Ronda, the well appointed apartments are being built by a family firm from Ronda and have been kitted out and furnished by local company Blackshaw Interior Design.
“We have been looking for development sites across the whole of Spain,” explains Denton, who lives in Barcelona.
“But our criteria is strict as we seek only prime projects. This means that the development must combine a privileged location with unique designs, styled with the buyer in mind.”
The investment commitments by the group in Spain now total €130 million.
Whilst the UK-based group is looking for similar schemes around Europe, Denton insists he is ‘very positive’ about further potential investments in Spain, particularly Andalucia.
The developers are part of the Lewis Trust Group, a family owned company based out of London, which owns fashion brand River Island.
- IN PICS: The women competing for your vote to be crowned Miss World Malaga on the same day as Spain’s general election - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 09:00
- The Online Gambling Industry in Gibraltar - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 14:10
- Heat and sun returns to Spain’s Costa del Sol from Friday with highs of 24C forecast for next week - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:54
- NOT MOO-VING: Moment stubborn cow causes traffic jam on busy A-7 in southern Spain - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:31
- Almost 40% of Spaniards fear Brexit will have a ‘very negative’ impact on Spain’s economy - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:03
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05