So Marbella town hall was rightly happy to be cutting the ribbon at the first development by the UK & European group in Andalucia.
Councillor Cristobal Garre Murcia welcomed the British group and its director Fraser Denton at the launch of the 9 Lions Residences, in Nueva Andalucia, and then cut the ribbon for the development.
“It’s great to have such an esteemed group joining the high-quality end of the market in Marbella,” he said.
In an enviable location with stunning views across the Med and inland to the Serrania de Ronda, the well appointed apartments are being built by a family firm from Ronda and have been kitted out and furnished by local company Blackshaw Interior Design.
“We have been looking for development sites across the whole of Spain,” explains Denton, who lives in Barcelona.
“But our criteria is strict as we seek only prime projects. This means that the development must combine a privileged location with unique designs, styled with the buyer in mind.”
The investment commitments by the group in Spain now total €130 million.
Whilst the UK-based group is looking for similar schemes around Europe, Denton insists he is ‘very positive’ about further potential investments in Spain, particularly Andalucia.
The developers are part of the Lewis Trust Group, a family owned company based out of London, which owns fashion brand River Island.
- Major Olive Revolution in Georgia - 23 Jul, 2019 @ 16:26
- SLOW TRAVEL: Run down your rev count in Ronda where slow travel is the new mantra - 21 Jul, 2019 @ 09:59
- FILTHY RICH: How the other half live when on holiday in southern Spain, from Saudi Royalty to British prime ministers and American billionaires - 21 Jul, 2019 @ 08:50
- PICTURED: ‘Shark’ spotted near swimmers on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:38
- Don’t miss the Bollywood and glitter themed pool parties at Max Beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 17:42
- EXPLAINED: The grey skies and punishing hot winds which arrived on Spain’s Costa del Sol today - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 22:06
- Potimarron Message – Fruits from the heart! - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 14:15
- Tai Chi in the river of Happiness with Master Choy - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 13:59
- Two young Brits rescued from ravine after getting lost on Marbella’s La Concha mountain - 8 Jul, 2019 @ 15:57
- That perfect Spanish afternoon can prove more elusive than first thought, writes Lesley Keith - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 12:19