So Marbella town hall was rightly happy to be cutting the ribbon at the first development by the UK & European group in Andalucia.
Councillor Cristobal Garre Murcia welcomed the British group and its director Fraser Denton at the launch of the 9 Lions Residences, in Nueva Andalucia, and then cut the ribbon for the development.
“It’s great to have such an esteemed group joining the high-quality end of the market in Marbella,” he said.
In an enviable location with stunning views across the Med and inland to the Serrania de Ronda, the well appointed apartments are being built by a family firm from Ronda and have been kitted out and furnished by local company Blackshaw Interior Design.
“We have been looking for development sites across the whole of Spain,” explains Denton, who lives in Barcelona.
“But our criteria is strict as we seek only prime projects. This means that the development must combine a privileged location with unique designs, styled with the buyer in mind.”
The investment commitments by the group in Spain now total €130 million.
Whilst the UK-based group is looking for similar schemes around Europe, Denton insists he is ‘very positive’ about further potential investments in Spain, particularly Andalucia.
The developers are part of the Lewis Trust Group, a family owned company based out of London, which owns fashion brand River Island.
- 11 new villages make it onto Spain’s ‘most beautiful’ list - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 12:40
- FAB FRESCOS: Spain has some of the best, but how many do you recognise? - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 10:51
- Maldonado’s Mijas is like nowhere else says Bill Anderson as just five are running the town council - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Benabola Hotel in Marbella gets a revamped roof terrace ready for the summer season - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- EXPANSION: Pole position as long-running expat agent opens fifth office in central Marbella - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:31
- Using Cryptocurrency as a Major Mode of Payment - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 07:58
- WATCH: Dramatic six-car pile-up blocks Marbella tunnel as Guardia Civil on scene - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:58
- Mallorca finca featured in New York Times - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:21
- World Trade Center Gibraltar celebrates two years of thriving international business - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 09:45
- New dawn – Renovations at Marbella’s Beach House restaurant - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 09:38