TOURISTS in Andalucia are facing €3000 fines for any behaviour deemed ‘offensive’.
It comes after a religious procession in Sevilla was interrupted by a hen do hitting each other over the heads with giant phallic inflatables.
Witnesses say worshippers asked the girls to leave but they refused and said they had a right to be there.
Now officers, who were forced to move the hen party on, have begun a crackdown that could see a penalty of €3,000 for ‘offensive behaviour’.
Officials slammed the hen party’s behaviour under Article 15 of the Spanish constitution.
The ruling outlaws the behaviour of those ‘that disparages the dignity of the people, as well as any discriminatory behaviour, whether it is xenophobic, racist, sexist or homophobic, or any other condition or personal or social circumstance, is prohibited in public spaces in writing or verbally, though insults or mocking.’
The ruling continues: “The organisers of any public act of a cultural, festive, recreational or sports nature, or of any other nature, shall ensure that the behaviours described in the previous sections do not take place during their celebration.”
It adds: “If, on the occasion of any of these acts, the aforementioned behaviours are carried out, the organisers must immediately inform the authorities.”
Police now have permission to fine between €700 and €3,000 to stag dos and hen dos caught offending others.
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Young paedo groomed at least 10 children across Spain’s Alicante, Andalucia and Valencia and paid them for explicit images while posing as underage girl online - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:26
- BREAKING: Barack Obama will be in Marbella TOMORROW for secret meeting at luxury hotel - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:50
- IN PICS: Game of Thrones stars party it up in Spain’s Benidorm for Sophie Turner’s hen do ahead of ‘official’ marriage to Joe Jonas - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:20
- Gibraltar police fuming after rumours ‘falsely claim’ drunk off duty officer started late night brawl at Pig & Whistle pub - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:45
- How a gang sold more than €1.5 million of drugs EVERY WEEK with the help of a Breaking Bad-style family in Cadiz – and how they spent it on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:13