AT least one 4×4 car gets stolen by drug traffickers every DAY in the Campo de Gibraltar, police have revealed.
It comes after British expat Andy Mills, 60, had his Nissan Patrol stolen from outside his home in Los Barrios last weekend.
The semi-retired Brit called the Guardia Civil immediately after realising his car had vanished last Sunday.
Police found the vehicle abandoned and stuffed full of drugs days later in Sevilla.
“It was used for drug runs from La Linea,” Mills told the Olive Press. “It’s being examined by forensic investigators before they bring it back to me.”
Odd-job man Mills said he ‘couldn’t believe’ the difference in culture between Los Barrios and the Spanish village of Sedella in inland Malaga, where he used to live.
“The people here hardly look or talk to you and there’s been a noticeable increase in crime since we moved here,” he added.
“Police told me a 4×4 gets stolen by drug traffickers everyday in Los Barrios, I will definitely look into moving.”
Police confirmed that the vehicle had been found filled with drugs but declined to comment further.
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31
- British expats facing 12 years in prison and €84,000 in compensation costs as trial over missing Agnese Klavina begins in Malaga TODAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:22