AT least one 4×4 car gets stolen by drug traffickers every DAY in the Campo de Gibraltar, police have revealed.
It comes after British expat Andy Mills, 60, had his Nissan Patrol stolen from outside his home in Los Barrios last weekend.
The semi-retired Brit called the Guardia Civil immediately after realising his car had vanished last Sunday.
Police found the vehicle abandoned and stuffed full of drugs days later in Sevilla.
“It was used for drug runs from La Linea,” Mills told the Olive Press. “It’s being examined by forensic investigators before they bring it back to me.”
Odd-job man Mills said he ‘couldn’t believe’ the difference in culture between Los Barrios and the Spanish village of Sedella in inland Malaga, where he used to live.
“The people here hardly look or talk to you and there’s been a noticeable increase in crime since we moved here,” he added.
“Police told me a 4×4 gets stolen by drug traffickers everyday in Los Barrios, I will definitely look into moving.”
Police confirmed that the vehicle had been found filled with drugs but declined to comment further.
- TRAGIC APPEAL: British expat dad ‘drops dead’ at 39 leaving fiance and two children in desperate need on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:49
- P**S TAKER: You can now pee in Donald Trump’s mouth thanks to expat bar owner in Spain - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:17
- Irish dog walker stumbles upon dead dolphin washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 13:33
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27