AT least one 4×4 car gets stolen by drug traffickers every DAY in the Campo de Gibraltar, police have revealed.
It comes after British expat Andy Mills, 60, had his Nissan Patrol stolen from outside his home in Los Barrios last weekend.
The semi-retired Brit called the Guardia Civil immediately after realising his car had vanished last Sunday.
Police found the vehicle abandoned and stuffed full of drugs days later in Sevilla.
“It was used for drug runs from La Linea,” Mills told the Olive Press. “It’s being examined by forensic investigators before they bring it back to me.”
Odd-job man Mills said he ‘couldn’t believe’ the difference in culture between Los Barrios and the Spanish village of Sedella in inland Malaga, where he used to live.
“The people here hardly look or talk to you and there’s been a noticeable increase in crime since we moved here,” he added.
“Police told me a 4×4 gets stolen by drug traffickers everyday in Los Barrios, I will definitely look into moving.”
Police confirmed that the vehicle had been found filled with drugs but declined to comment further.
- British man dies after falling off pedalo in Spain despite green flags indicating sea was safe - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 12:33
- UNEARTHED: First Roman olive oil press EVER on Spain’s Costa del Sol as huge archaeology park planned - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 12:17
- British sex pest arrested in Marbella for harassing young woman with barrage of sexually explicit messages - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 11:54
- Boy, 8, dies in Spain after choking on hot dog during San Juan celebrations - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 11:30
- WATCH: Expat gives hilarious guide for boozy Brits heading to Marbella (WARNING: Not for the easily offended) - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 11:02
- SHAMEFUL: ‘Racist’ effigy mocking migrants shocks expats and locals ahead of San Juan celebrations on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 10:42
- OPINION: The Junta de Andalucia’s budgets which benefit residents are a welcome sight after decades of corruption - 23 Jun, 2019 @ 11:44
- Report warns 20% of Spain’s olive farms could disappear within a decade - 22 Jun, 2019 @ 15:05
- OPINION: Locking British man Robert Mansfield-Hewitt up with terrorists in Spain is disgusting - 22 Jun, 2019 @ 11:15
- EXCLUSIVE: Briton facing €8 MILLION fine after being locked up with terrorists for almost a year without charge near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Jun, 2019 @ 09:26