A MURDER investigation has been opened by the Gibraltar police after a man was found dead on Prince Edward’s Road.
Gibraltar resident, Michael Montegriffo, was found by a member of the public by Gavino’s Dwelling’s with bleeding from an injury to his head. A murder investigation has now been opened with forensic work continuing at the scene.
A post mortem carried out by the Home Office Forensic Pathologist Office, concluded that his injuries – and ultimate death – were not consistent with falling from a height or being struck by a vehicle, examinations carried out at the scene support these findings.
Despite having a positive response, the police are still wishing to speak to anyone who may have been passing through Prince Edward’s Road on Saturday July 7 between 1100 – 1140 hrs.
The public are being warned that both uniformed and plain clothes police officers will be investigating the scene while work continues.
Prince Edward’s Road will be subject road closures throughout today, with officers present to assist and divert traffic.
- MONKEYING AROUND: All you need to know about Gibraltar’s mischievous macaques - 9 Sep, 2018 @ 15:00
- Mayor of Algeciras claims Spanish town is now ‘migrant crisis epicentre’ - 27 Jul, 2018 @ 12:11
- Ryanair staff working under a ‘terror regime’ as strikes continue to affect Spain - 26 Jul, 2018 @ 11:19
- This years Spanish Super Cup final is to be played in… Morocco - 25 Jul, 2018 @ 17:09
- Spain’s new PP leader seeks to move the party ‘back to its roots’ - 25 Jul, 2018 @ 14:08
- GET SET FOR CLEARING: University of Gibraltar’s top tips for those who don’t get their predicted grades - 24 Jul, 2018 @ 14:03
- 60 people had to be evacuated from their homes following fire in Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:19
- BREAKING: Firefighters called in to tackle blaze on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 21 Jul, 2018 @ 18:20
- Survivor of capsized migrant boat transferred to hospital in Spain - 21 Jul, 2018 @ 13:59
- Ryanair launches new campaign as passengers face flight cancellations in Spain - 20 Jul, 2018 @ 18:46