AGENTS of the Policía Local of Marbella have conducted a surprise inspection of various street food vendors by the beach operating without license.
Javier Martín, the head of the Marbella Police, has posted a video of the deplorable conditions of these beach refreshments online.
In the post, he warns beachgoers of consuming unauthorized produces: “Warning: when you are offered fruit on the beach, remember this video and see how it is transported.”
#PolicíaLocalMarbella AVISO, cuando le ofrezcan fruta en la playa, recuerde este vídeo y vea cómo la transportan, por su #Salud #Cuidamosdetí #Marbella #SeguridadLitoral
Geplaatst door Javier Martín Jefe Policía Local Marbella op Vrijdag 13 juli 2018
The video zooms in on the plastic containers contaminated with murky water and dried up residues of previous content, which were used to transport fruits sold by the ocean.
Another clip posted shows cream-filled pastries nearly melted that have been left in the back trunk of the car filled with trash.
CORRECTION: A previous version of this article said police were investigating beach bars
- Princeton students reveal what it’s really like to work at the Costa del Sol’s Olive Press - 10 Sep, 2018 @ 21:57
- SPAIN’S ROBIN HOODS: Retracing the steps of famous Andalucian bandits who took from the rich and gave to the poor - 8 Sep, 2018 @ 15:00
- Caves of gypsies in Spain’s Sacromonte are home to all wanderers - 21 Aug, 2018 @ 09:00
- Vintage Warfare: Exploring the oldest foods in Madrid and Barcelona - 19 Aug, 2018 @ 17:00
- Visiting the tomb of Franco’s chief executioner in Sevilla, a city imbued with silent history - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 09:00
- PSOE to increase numbers of teachers in Andalucia - 12 Aug, 2018 @ 16:00
- Chelsea pays €71.6 million to Spain’s Athletic Bilbao for Kepa - 8 Aug, 2018 @ 14:38
- Costa del Sol tops the ranking for destinations with the best hotel offers - 2 Aug, 2018 @ 16:51
- Costa del Sol taxi drivers rally against Uber and Cabify - 28 Jul, 2018 @ 10:01
- The best official dog beaches in Spain’s Andalucia and Costa del Sol - 25 Jul, 2018 @ 17:34