A BRITISH tourist has been found floating in the waters of the Port of Sant Antoni.
Residents and tourist discovered the body and reported it to the police. Port Police and Guardia Civil have taken over the investigation.
After a day police were able to identify the body as 24-year-old tourist Anwaar Lahrichi-Greenwood who had been missing for two days.
The man had ‘bumps and scrapes’ but an investigation is still active on the cause of death.
The discovery comes just one week after an Asian man in his 30’s was also found dead floating at the small Es Pouet beach in San Antonio.
Four young men from the UK have died in the Balearic party spot in the past month and Ibiza tourism chief Vicent Torres holds British ‘culture’ responsible.
In July, British tourist Ben Crawford, 19, died after going for a swim at around 3am near the popular resort of Playa d’en Bossa.
Harry Kingsland, 21, from Birmingham, also died recently after taking a blow to the face while trying to stop a fight.
- Sexy gingers who want a trip to Ibiza CLICK HERE - 25 Apr, 2019 @ 16:35
- The most beautiful village in Mallorca has been named - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 10:56
- Gender violence a top priority for New Police Commissioner of the Balearics - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 17:03
- Environmentalists call for huge expansion of the Cabrera National Park - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 15:50
- Promenade promises to create a whole new look for visitors arriving in Palma - 5 Nov, 2018 @ 11:13
- Five dead – including British tourists – and dozens still missing in Mallorca’s biggest flood in decades - 10 Oct, 2018 @ 10:11
- British tourist found floating in Ibiza’s Port of Sant Antoni - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:58
- Young expat starts campaign to raise awareness against balconing in Spain - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:09
- Boat propeller hacks off arm and leg of two young tourists in Spain - 1 Aug, 2018 @ 14:48
- Nit de L’Art and a month long Jazz festival coming to Sa Pobla - 23 Jul, 2018 @ 08:42