A COSTA del Sol beach is one of the most Instagrammed in Spain.
It comes after search engine Holidu analysed more than 200 million instances of Instagram users using the hashtags #playa and #beach, to find out which were the most popular.
Playa de La Malagueta, in Malaga, was the fifth most Instagrammed, with 76,653 mentions.
Just a 10-minute walk from the centre of the provincial capital, the beach has long been a hit with tourists and locals.
It is the only Costa del Sol playa to feature in the top 10.
Nearby on the Costa de la Luz, Playa de los Canos de Meca, in Cadiz, rounded off the list with 42,867 mentions.
The most Instagrammed beach in Spain is La Barceloneta, with 708,089 mentions.
It dominates its compatriot rivals, with Playa del Ingles in the Canaries coming in a distant second with 133,305 mentions.
Ibiza’s Playa d’en Bossa rounded out the top three with 97,688 mentions.
- WATCH: Two elderly women caught on camera stealing outdoor furniture from British expat’s bar in Mallorca as police drive by - 21 Feb, 2019 @ 17:46
- FREAK FEBRUARY: ‘Anti-cyclone’ scorcher to see temperatures soar to 28C in Spain’s Andalucia this weekend - 21 Feb, 2019 @ 11:06
- British girl, 9, dies on Spain’s Costa del Sol ‘after eating ice cream’ - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 09:03
- WATCH: ANOTHER Marbella chiringuito burned to the ground - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 16:47
- BREXIT UPDATE: Spain offers further assurances to British expats after meeting with campaigners - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:21
- TRAGIC APPEAL: British expat dad ‘drops dead’ at 39 leaving fiance and two children in desperate need on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:49
- P**S TAKER: You can now pee in Donald Trump’s mouth thanks to expat bar owner in Spain - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:17
- Irish dog walker stumbles upon dead dolphin washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 13:33
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06