A MANHUNT is underway to locate a suspected tourist who punched a pensioner to death on the Costa del Sol.
Mario Sauco, 65, died on Monday after spending 10 days in a coma.
The Argentinian expat had been punched once in the back of the head while walking home after an evening out with a friend in Fuengirola.
The father-of-three fell and cracked his skull on the pavement.
A witness managed to take a blurred photo of the attacker before he fled the scene.
The family has launched a campaign on social media to help track him down.
The unprovoked attack happened at 11.40pm on Calle Victor de la Serna, just 100 metres from the victim’s home, where he has lived for almost 20 years.
According to witnesses, the alleged assailant, a middle-aged man of strong build who was wearing a red shirt, was following Mario down the street and baiting him, but the family don’t know why.
The twisted assailant tried to encourage Mario to get up for a fight but the expat was unresponsive.
A witness photographed the attacker on his mobile phone, causing him to flee the scene.
Although the image is not clear, it appears to be someone not known in the Los Boliches or Fuengirola area.
Locals suspect it could be someone passing through, most likely a tourist.
His daughter Analia said: “My father was a kind being, with a great heart who gave his life for us and worshiped his four grandchildren.
“We just want this guy to show his face and not be a coward.”
The family only found out about the attack the next morning when they received a call from the Carlos Haya hospital.
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27
- WATCH: Stingray capable of killing humans spotted on shore metres from children on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:13
- British expats arrested and fined in new crackdown on ‘pirate taxis’ at Malaga airport - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:31
- BREAKING: Body washes up on beach near Marbella’s exclusive Golden Mile - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:05
- HE’S THE DADDY: Court rules Javier Santos IS the love child of Spanish superstar Julio Iglesias - 10 Jul, 2019 @ 18:01
- ‘WRONG MESSAGE’: Young man who accidentally killed drug addict while stopping him from robbing helpless cleaner on Spain’s Costa del Sol given two-year prison sentence and HUGE fine - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 12:37
- British giant Virgin Trains eyes up moving into Spain market after UK becomes ‘uninvestable’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:49
- Expert says southern Spain and Balearics at ‘great risk’ of tsunamis but authorities ‘are not prepared’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:19