A MANHUNT is underway to locate a suspected tourist who punched a pensioner to death on the Costa del Sol.
Mario Sauco, 65, died on Monday after spending 10 days in a coma.
The Argentinian expat had been punched once in the back of the head while walking home after an evening out with a friend in Fuengirola.
The father-of-three fell and cracked his skull on the pavement.
A witness managed to take a blurred photo of the attacker before he fled the scene.
The family has launched a campaign on social media to help track him down.
The unprovoked attack happened at 11.40pm on Calle Victor de la Serna, just 100 metres from the victim’s home, where he has lived for almost 20 years.
According to witnesses, the alleged assailant, a middle-aged man of strong build who was wearing a red shirt, was following Mario down the street and baiting him, but the family don’t know why.
The twisted assailant tried to encourage Mario to get up for a fight but the expat was unresponsive.
A witness photographed the attacker on his mobile phone, causing him to flee the scene.
Although the image is not clear, it appears to be someone not known in the Los Boliches or Fuengirola area.
Locals suspect it could be someone passing through, most likely a tourist.
His daughter Analia said: “My father was a kind being, with a great heart who gave his life for us and worshiped his four grandchildren.
“We just want this guy to show his face and not be a coward.”
The family only found out about the attack the next morning when they received a call from the Carlos Haya hospital.
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27
- ANOTHER bank leaves Gibraltar ‘thanks to Brexit’ as opposition party calls on government to encourage big businesses to stay on the Rock - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 17:53
- British drug dealer cuffed ‘outside military establishment’ in Gibraltar carrying large amounts of cocaine - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 15:37
- IN PICS: Torching of Marbella beach club – favourite of Pamela Anderson and Eva Longoria – ‘most likely settling of accounts’, police reveal - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 13:20