AN orange weather alert has been issued for the Costa del Sol and parts of Malaga tomorrow.
A storm from Galicia will bring a cold front that will keep temperatures low in western parts of Andalucia.
It will reach the Gulf of Cádiz bringing ‘abundant’ amounts of rainfall and strong winds to Cádiz, Málaga and the coast of Granada.
Aemet has activated the orange warning on the Costa del Sol, in the Guadalhorce and Axarquía for rains that could leave up to 30 litres per square meter in an hour.
The Orange warning is in place until 3pm on Tuesday.
The warning will change to yellow until 6pm on the Costa del Sol and in the Guadalhorce areas and until 9pm in the Axarquía.
Ronda and Antequera will be on a yellow warning until 5pm for rainfall of up to 40 litres per square meter in 12 hours.
The yellow warning will also be maintained due to winds that could reach 70 kilometers per hour on the Costa del Sol and in the Guadalhorce.
- EXPLAINED: The grey skies and punishing hot winds which arrived on Spain’s Costa del Sol today - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 22:06
- Potimarron Message – Fruits from the heart! - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 14:15
- Tai Chi in the river of Happiness with Master Choy - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 13:59
- Two young Brits rescued from ravine after getting lost on Marbella’s La Concha mountain - 8 Jul, 2019 @ 15:57
- That perfect Spanish afternoon can prove more elusive than first thought, writes Lesley Keith - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 12:19
- ‘I will work hard for you’, promises Bill Anderson, the first ever Brit to serve on Mijas Council - 5 Jul, 2019 @ 17:02
- Figuring out your next career move: Where to start from? - 3 Jul, 2019 @ 10:19
- Online Sports Betting in Spain – Where to Play & What’s Legal? - 2 Jul, 2019 @ 09:16
- A secret escape just 10 minutes from the Costa del Sol - 29 Jun, 2019 @ 09:00
- Creative cuisine has finally started to revolutionise the Axarquia and Costa Tropical’s dining scene - 28 Jun, 2019 @ 11:14