“AS much as you go to the police, you will not find her… no matter how much you look for her, you will never see her again.”
These are the chilling words found in the Instagram inbox of a missing teenage girl in Spain.
Josefa Sanchez Cortes disappeared more than 24 hours ago after her school rang her parents at 1pm yesterday to say she had not arrived to class.
But 12 hours later, the family of the 14-year-old, based in Mallorca, found a message on her Instagram, which is only accessible via her brother’s iPad.
It told the desperate family that they would never see Josela – as they call her – ever again.
The minor, who attends Jesus Maria school in Palma, is 1.70 metres tall and weighs 68kg.
She has long brown hair and brown eyes.
At the time of her disappearance she was wearing her navy blue school tracksuit, a light blue shirt and white sports shoes.
She is described as a teenager who never goes out with friends, only with her family.
She only socialises through the photo-sharing app Instagram.
The family do not let her go out alone, not even to the cinema, according to mallorcaconfidencial.com.
According to her aunt, the teen always takes the same route when she goes to school.
They live in Son Oliva and leave the house, on Isaac Albéniz street, at 7.45am and within 10 minutes arrive at the Jesús María school.
“At about 2pm she eats, takes a nap, and then goes to play with her cousins downstairs, she does not go out with anyone,” her aunt Josela said.
Police are working with the theory that the child met with someone she has been talking to through Instagram.
The mother of the missing child is ‘totally destroyed’.
“They have had to give her pills, because she does not know what to do,” said a relative.
The family have appealed to the minor or to the people she has met, saying: “Do not be afraid to come home”.
“We have gone out to look for her everywhere and we are desperate,” added another aunt of the minor.
The investigation continues.
- BUSTED: €600 million empire which trafficked drugs into the UK and laundered money into Spain’s property market - 22 May, 2019 @ 18:38
- British most obsessed with doggy-style while Spain loves ‘cuckolding’, as new study reveals world’s sexual preferences - 22 May, 2019 @ 17:36
- WARNING: Multi-day heatwaves and life threatening temperatures coming to Spain this summer - 22 May, 2019 @ 16:25
- WE’VE GOT THE POWER: Dozens of expats fill up the ballot lists for vital local elections in Spain’s Andalucia - 22 May, 2019 @ 13:12
- HAY FEVER EPIDEMIC: Expert reveals why your allergies seem much worse in Spain this year - 22 May, 2019 @ 12:47
- Liverpool FC brings extreme security measures to Marbella football training ground ahead of Champions League final - 22 May, 2019 @ 10:35
- MISSING: British expat and dementia sufferer, 83, disappears on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:25
- British expat arrested for starting forest fire on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 May, 2019 @ 21:15
- Top British rugby player fighting for his life after falling from major Spain airport car park - 20 May, 2019 @ 16:54
- British expat benefits cheat who stole more than €90,000 from UK coffers while living on Spain’s Costa del Sol given 900 YEARS to pay back debt - 20 May, 2019 @ 10:56