THE Ryanair cabin crew who ‘slept on the floor’ in Malaga airport have been sacked by the airline for gross misconduct.
When the crew’s flight to Porto was diverted from Malaga on October 14, a shocking picture appeared to show the crew asleep on the floor while they waited.
At least 20 crew members were stranded in the airport when their plane left, but the six staff who were pictured lying on the floor ‘asleep’ have now been given their marching orders by Ryanair.
A Ryanair spokesman said: “The crew spent a short period of time in the crew room before being moved to a VIP lounge, and returned to Porto the next day.
As Ryanair made the sackings on Tuesday, they claimed the picture’s circulation in the media had damaged their reputation and ’caused an irreparable breach of trust with these six persons’.
When the picture emerged the Portuguese union, SNPVAC said crew were ‘without access to food, drinks and even a place to sit down, as there were only eight seats available for the crew’.
The multiple sackings come just weeks after two Ryanair planes nearly crashed over Spain, as they were only 122 meters apart vertically.
- Max Beach in Mijas taken over by Costa del Sol restaurant owners Metro Group - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:16
- Franco’s body WILL be dug up just hours after Spain’s Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 16:09
- Hacienda Beach in Estepona makes the perfect summer getaway and here’s why - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:12
- Liverpool players find time for fun on Marbella winter training trip despite ‘no sunlight’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:57
- Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election in Spain for April 28 - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 10:59
- CATALUNYA CRISIS: ‘I am a political prisoner’ says Catalan leader as 12 separatists go on trial in Spain - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 20:48
- ‘I MISS MY BROTHER’: Sister of British expat filmmaker in Spain speaks out after balcony horror plunge puts him in coma - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 18:42
- Spain tourism chiefs call for alcohol ban in airports and say British police ‘have power’ to stop boozing on flights - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:12
- Spain likely to call snap general election as Pedro Sanchez fails to get budget past Parliament - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 17:17
- REVEALED: Which of Spain’s regions will be having the most sex this Valentine’s Day - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00