— VOX Noticias ?? (@voxnoticias_es) November 12, 2018
THE leader of Spain’s far right Vox party has claimed the ‘reconquering’ of Spain will begin in Andalucia.
Santiago Abascal posted the message from his political party’s Twitter account alongside a video of himself riding on a horse in Sevilla with the Lord of the Rings theme tune playing in the background.
The 30-second clip shows Abascal galloping alongside cattle ranchers and famed Sevilla matador Morante de la Puebla, who has become the poster boy for Vox in the run up to the Andalucia elections in December.
“The Reconquista will start in Andalucian lands,” reads the tweet, which has since gone viral.
The footage was recorded over the weekend, which saw a Vox rally in Seville’s Palacios de los Congresos on Sunday attract more than 2,000 supporters.
The party presented several candidates at the rally, including ex-judge Francisco Serrano, who is running to oust current PSOE Junta president Susana Diaz.
Vox pushes the message that Spain is under threat from all angles – Catalan separatists, illegal immigration, and attacks on family values – and that Spaniards need to rise up to defend the ‘living Spain’.
A recent rally in Madrid attracted some 9,000 sympathizers, an unprecedented figure for a far right party in the post-Franco era.
The latest opinion survey by the Center for Sociology Research (CIS) suggests that Vox could earn its first ever seat in Congress with 1.5% of the votes at the next general election.
- IN PICS: ‘One million’ march against Brexit in London - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 20:14
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31