MIJAS, Ojén and Coin have received the highest amount of rainfall per hour during the ongoing downpour in Malaga province today.
Mijas saw 20 litres of rain per square meter registered in just one hour, while Ojén saw 28 litres and Coín 24, according to the Hidrosur Network.
San Pedro Alcántara convertido en un río. #sacaLasBarcas?
Areas of the valley of Genal, Pujerra have accumulated 46.2 and 50.4 liters per square meter in the last 12 hours, about ten liters above the trigger threshold warnings for rain intensity.
Meanwhile Marbella’s streets have been turned into rivers while Hotel Playa in Las Chapas burst into flames after being hit by a lightning strike.
el agua salía del suelo increible
Geplaatst door M95 Televisión Marbella op Zondag 18 november 2018
Sources have reported that a rural road in the area of the Sierra de Yunquera has been destroyed, leaving some 15 families stranded.
The road links the areas of Los Llanitos and Herrizo, and has been destroyed by a landslide.
The mayor of Yunquera said that the town hall is already working to fix the road but said it probably won’t be ready today.
The 112 emergency service has handled more than thirty incidents of waterlogging of roads and sewerage problems in Malaga, Marbella, Estepona and Fuengirola.
The fierce wind has caused the collapse of awnings and some trees.
The bad weather has also caused delays in the departures of 13 scheduled flights from Malaga airport.
Eight arriving flights have also been delayed.
The orange alert is in place until midnight tonight.
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31
- British expats facing 12 years in prison and €84,000 in compensation costs as trial over missing Agnese Klavina begins in Malaga TODAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:22