MIJAS, Ojén and Coin have received the highest amount of rainfall per hour during the ongoing downpour in Malaga province today.
Mijas saw 20 litres of rain per square meter registered in just one hour, while Ojén saw 28 litres and Coín 24, according to the Hidrosur Network.
San Pedro Alcántara convertido en un río. #sacaLasBarcas?
Areas of the valley of Genal, Pujerra have accumulated 46.2 and 50.4 liters per square meter in the last 12 hours, about ten liters above the trigger threshold warnings for rain intensity.
Meanwhile Marbella’s streets have been turned into rivers while Hotel Playa in Las Chapas burst into flames after being hit by a lightning strike.
el agua salía del suelo increible
Geplaatst door M95 Televisión Marbella op Zondag 18 november 2018
Sources have reported that a rural road in the area of the Sierra de Yunquera has been destroyed, leaving some 15 families stranded.
The road links the areas of Los Llanitos and Herrizo, and has been destroyed by a landslide.
The mayor of Yunquera said that the town hall is already working to fix the road but said it probably won’t be ready today.
The 112 emergency service has handled more than thirty incidents of waterlogging of roads and sewerage problems in Malaga, Marbella, Estepona and Fuengirola.
The fierce wind has caused the collapse of awnings and some trees.
The bad weather has also caused delays in the departures of 13 scheduled flights from Malaga airport.
Eight arriving flights have also been delayed.
The orange alert is in place until midnight tonight.
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27
- ANOTHER bank leaves Gibraltar ‘thanks to Brexit’ as opposition party calls on government to encourage big businesses to stay on the Rock - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 17:53
- British drug dealer cuffed ‘outside military establishment’ in Gibraltar carrying large amounts of cocaine - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 15:37
- IN PICS: Torching of Marbella beach club – favourite of Pamela Anderson and Eva Longoria – ‘most likely settling of accounts’, police reveal - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 13:20