MIJAS, Ojén and Coin have received the highest amount of rainfall per hour during the ongoing downpour in Malaga province today.
Mijas saw 20 litres of rain per square meter registered in just one hour, while Ojén saw 28 litres and Coín 24, according to the Hidrosur Network.
San Pedro Alcántara convertido en un río. #sacaLasBarcas?
Areas of the valley of Genal, Pujerra have accumulated 46.2 and 50.4 liters per square meter in the last 12 hours, about ten liters above the trigger threshold warnings for rain intensity.
Meanwhile Marbella’s streets have been turned into rivers while Hotel Playa in Las Chapas burst into flames after being hit by a lightning strike.
el agua salía del suelo increible
Geplaatst door M95 Televisión Marbella op Zondag 18 november 2018
Sources have reported that a rural road in the area of the Sierra de Yunquera has been destroyed, leaving some 15 families stranded.
The road links the areas of Los Llanitos and Herrizo, and has been destroyed by a landslide.
The mayor of Yunquera said that the town hall is already working to fix the road but said it probably won’t be ready today.
The 112 emergency service has handled more than thirty incidents of waterlogging of roads and sewerage problems in Malaga, Marbella, Estepona and Fuengirola.
The fierce wind has caused the collapse of awnings and some trees.
The bad weather has also caused delays in the departures of 13 scheduled flights from Malaga airport.
Eight arriving flights have also been delayed.
The orange alert is in place until midnight tonight.
- BREAKING: Reports of Vodafone being down in Spain - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 15:29
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29