Torrevieja (Alicante), a few minutes ago.
Geplaatst door N332 op Maandag 19 november 2018
SOME 12 provinces are on alert today for heavy rainfall and strong sea currents.
Valencia is expected to be worst hit, with the capital and Alicante on red warning for today.
Many parts of Alicante have already flooded, with 180 litres per square metre expected in just 12 hours.
The areas of Ribera and Vega Baja have already exceeded 60 litres of rainfall.
Elsewhere, AEMET has put in place an orange warning in the Balearic Islands and yellow warnings in Albacete, Tarragona and Castellón.
There is also a yellow warning for ‘coastal phenomenons’ – strong winds and waves – in Almeria, Granada, El Hierro, La Palma, Tenerife, Lugo, A Courna and Asturias.
An 83 year-old woman drowned in the town of Viveiro (Lugo) last night after water filled her home from the nearby overflown stream in Ponte Labrada.
The woman was found on the ground floor of the house, while her daughter was transferred to hospital with symptoms of hypothermia.
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27
- ANOTHER bank leaves Gibraltar ‘thanks to Brexit’ as opposition party calls on government to encourage big businesses to stay on the Rock - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 17:53
- British drug dealer cuffed ‘outside military establishment’ in Gibraltar carrying large amounts of cocaine - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 15:37
- IN PICS: Torching of Marbella beach club – favourite of Pamela Anderson and Eva Longoria – ‘most likely settling of accounts’, police reveal - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 13:20
- Endangered rhino, lion, hippo and tigers part of more than 200 species found at illegal taxidermist in Spain - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 11:26