Their incredible design includes an inflatable canopy of nine custard yellow cylinders set within a steel framework.
The ‘breathing pavilion’ design allows two inflatables to move the cylinders up and down to respond to views, light and breeze.
Reinterpreting a typical Spanish plaza, the project includes an elevated square underneath inflatables with room for diverse programming and installations.
According to Arch Daily, the shaded space is is designed to adapt to the climate of Dubai with natural thermal conditioning.
Below, a matrix of large fans will move air to accompany the gentle breeze generated by natural wind flow.
There will also be a restaurant and tapas bar, mixing gastronomic experiences ‘with spatial and sensory stimuli’ – not unlike squares and famous steps across cities in Spain
The pavilion is designed to emit zero emissions with the help of 1,000 square meters of rooftop photo-voltaic panels.
In turn, the design team designed the inflatable deck with more than 80% certified recycled material.
The ultralight pavilion aims to be a more sustainable structure that could be easily removed and transported as it takes on other lives after EXPO.
- Why the friendly team at Edwards Estates find selling in Frigiliana a breeze - 26 Jun, 2019 @ 10:14
- What are the betting odds for Brexit - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 09:45
- 11 Reasons Why Over 75,000 International Students Choose to Study in Spain - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 19:05
- Out of this world: ‘Green Spaceship’ to dock in Madrid - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:24
- After a five-year period of sustained growth, there is a change in the air in Marbella, reports Diana Morales Properties - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:14
- Rule-breaking Madrid design firm gives grunge office block some colour therapy - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 18:52
- The latest mega-development for Gibraltar has all the signs of being a big hit with investors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 12:43
- Madrid architects take centre stage with their dramatic conversion of a historic playhouse - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:25
- BBQ King: Ingenious pellet stove barbecues are a dream come true for cooking outdoors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:09
- Famous British businessman and Premier League football star flock to new Benahavis development - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:08