MALAGA will embrace the Christmas season tonight, as thousands are expected to fill the city to see the Christmas lights switched on.
The main switch-on ceremony will take place on Calle Larios at 7pm.
At 6pm there is also a children’s show in the city’s Plaza de las Flores, where 1000 lucky little ones will each get a special Christmas balloon.
Also, in Calle Larios, 10,000 light bars will be given out to the public, that will interact with the music played.
There are three main events in total tonight. There is one at 6:30pm, one at 8pm and one at 9:30pm, so that everyone gets a chance to see this festive extravaganza.
Get to the 6:30pm event for the main switch-on ceremony at 7pm.
Also listen out for the special Spanish Christmas songs: ‘Rondo veneziano-Zodiaco’, ‘Rondo veneziano-Música fantasía’ and ‘Villancico altozano’ by Café Quijano and ‘Cosas de la Christmas’, a children’s song by Raúl Charlo.
It is advised to use public transport to get around Malaga during this period, as the city’s transport company EMT has put on 60,000 extra seats on Saturdays and 100,000 on Sundays.
The lights will be on for 38 days until January 6.
- Out of this world: ‘Green Spaceship’ to dock in Madrid - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:24
- After a five-year period of sustained growth, there is a change in the air in Marbella, reports Diana Morales Properties - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:14
- Rule-breaking Madrid design firm gives grunge office block some colour therapy - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 18:52
- The latest mega-development for Gibraltar has all the signs of being a big hit with investors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 12:43
- Madrid architects take centre stage with their dramatic conversion of a historic playhouse - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:25
- BBQ King: Ingenious pellet stove barbecues are a dream come true for cooking outdoors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:09
- Famous British businessman and Premier League football star flock to new Benahavis development - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:08
- Barcelona Unesco treasure hosts Scottish cancer charity’s first care centre on the continent - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:47
- Amazing conversion: how to bring a beautiful old abandoned 18th century townhouse back to life - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:40
- 5 Ideas of Having Fun in Internet - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 09:23