A MALAGA film company who helped make Game of Thrones has chosen several locations in Andalucia to film a new Netflix series.
Fresco Film are to shoot scenes of their 10-part Warrior Nun series in Ronda, Antequera and Malaga.
Based on the supernatural manga comics Warrior Nun Areala by Ben Dunn, the show’s plot scenarios will also be set in Andalucia.
“It will be a great promotion for Malaga because of the international reach of the Netflix platform,” said Peter Welter from Fresco Film, who will produce the new serial.
The comic, which launched in 1994 and courted controversy over its use of Christian religious iconography, is expected to bring in over €1 million in investment for Malaga during the shoot.
- Hard Rock Cafe confirm second Costa del Sol restaurant WILL open in March, featuring Cher’s trousers and Bon Jovi guitar - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 18:27
- Five Guardia Civil officers jailed in Spain for tobacco smuggling through Gibraltar - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:44
- WATCH: Dad in Spain pulls live parasite from daughter’s ‘cooked’ Mercadona fish forcing supermarket to defend seafood - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 11:20
- Costa del Sol police arrest young mum for trying to throw daughter, three, out of 10th floor apartment window - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 17:17
- Spanish navy boat with guns manned in war games with British off Gibraltar for second time in fortnight - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 11:24
- KISS AND TELL: From cave mamas to world records, Belinda Beckett chronicles the history of the snog - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Max Beach in Mijas taken over by Costa del Sol restaurant owners Metro Group - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:16
- Franco’s body WILL be dug up just hours after Spain’s Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 16:09
- Hacienda Beach in Estepona makes the perfect summer getaway and here’s why - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:12
- Liverpool players find time for fun on Marbella winter training trip despite ‘no sunlight’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:57