CONSTRUCTION giant Quabit is investing €23.75 million into 700 homes in Mijas.
The works, some of which are already underway, comprise 148 plots covering 79,000 square metres of land.
The properties include 147 villas and 91 townhouses and are said to be designed to appeal to the foreign buyer looking for a second home.
One development, however, is designed to help younger buyers get onto the property ladder.
Some 79 homes at El Lagar de Quabit will come with a 5% discount for first-time buyers.
Mayor Juan Carlos Maldonado said: “Our young people have more and more difficult access to a real estate property and therefore it is important to offer them opportunities to do so.”
The residential development is part of ‘Quabit youth housing’, a campaign that aims to allow future buyers access to housing.
In the case of ‘El Lagar de Quabit’, the company offers discounts of 5% on its 2 and 3 bedroom homes, all with terraces and in a gated community with a pool, children’s park and green areas.
“Young people are not getting their foot into the door of the property world and that is one of the great challenges we have to solve,” said Quabit, “The lack of savings, the difficulty of access to credit and high rents are leaving them out of the market.”
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40
- Max Beach will reopen on Spain’s Costa del Sol this week with new look and night time venue planned for summer - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:06
- Bomb threat in Madrid declared false alarm as workers told they can return to work - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 14:16