A TEENAGER on Spain’s Costa del Sol has been left in a critical condition after he was deliberately hit by a car on Christmas Eve.
The 18-year-old Moroccan, a resident of Estepona, was walking home from a club when a car mounted the pavement and smashed into him.
The driver, 33, from La Linea was arrested for attempted murder after turning himself in at his local police station.
According to local sources, the pair had argued in the Mosaic nightclub on Christmas Eve at around 7:30 am on Tuesday, the Sur reported.
After leaving the music venue the young man walked along Juan Carlos I Avenue, where the driver chased him in a black VW Golf.
Moments later, the aggressor mounted the pavement, ramming his victim and then hitting a palm tree.
Hospital sources say the young reveller is in a severe but stable condition at Malaga’s Carlos Haya Hospital.
Although initially fleeing, when the arrested man was cuffed he claimed he had had an accident and said ‘I think I hit a person’.
As well as attempted murder, the La Linea man was also arrested for dangerous driving.
- PICTURED: British dad who died off Gibraltar coast in horror surfing accident was celebrity lawyer for David Walliams and Sex Pistols - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- NEW 25,000 square metre park on Costa del Sol includes slides, wildlife area and sports facilities - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:32
- ‘HE’S A GOOD KID’: Mum of jihadi suspect accused of planning a ‘massacre’ during Sevilla’s Semana Santa speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:10
- BREAKING: British surfer dies off coast of Gibraltar - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:49
- Two arrested in Spain’s Andalucia over violent drug deaths after bodies dumped down well and car burnt out - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:15
- Thunder and rain from TOMORROW on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 16:46
- Spain pig farm robberies see 15 arrests after man stabbed as thieves bid to raid precious metals more expensive than gold - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 12:20
- British expat fuming after chairs and tables don’t fit into ‘tiny’ new terrace Mallorca town hall painted outside her cafe - 14 Apr, 2019 @ 08:03
- Spain footy star Diego Costa handed eight-match ban and €6,000 fine after red card for telling referee,’I s*** on your w**** mother’ - 11 Apr, 2019 @ 19:08
- Expat killer Dave Mahon loses Supreme Court appeal over sentence for slaying brother of Amy Fitzpatrick, who vanished in Spain - 11 Apr, 2019 @ 13:40