A TEENAGER on Spain’s Costa del Sol has been left in a critical condition after he was deliberately hit by a car on Christmas Eve.
The 18-year-old Moroccan, a resident of Estepona, was walking home from a club when a car mounted the pavement and smashed into him.
The driver, 33, from La Linea was arrested for attempted murder after turning himself in at his local police station.
According to local sources, the pair had argued in the Mosaic nightclub on Christmas Eve at around 7:30 am on Tuesday, the Sur reported.
After leaving the music venue the young man walked along Juan Carlos I Avenue, where the driver chased him in a black VW Golf.
Moments later, the aggressor mounted the pavement, ramming his victim and then hitting a palm tree.
Hospital sources say the young reveller is in a severe but stable condition at Malaga’s Carlos Haya Hospital.
Although initially fleeing, when the arrested man was cuffed he claimed he had had an accident and said ‘I think I hit a person’.
As well as attempted murder, the La Linea man was also arrested for dangerous driving.
- POSH: Brits Victoria and David Beckham jet into Spain’s Andalucia for celeb wedding of year catered for by Dani Garcia - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 16:54
- WATCH: Shocking moment bullring volunteer in Spain gored to death in front of 2,000 fans as bull ran back into pen - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 12:52
- Facial recognition cameras installed at Gibraltar Airport - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 11:00
- UK Government denies issuing ‘fresh warning’ of terror threat in Spain - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:34
- UK primary school hires convicted CHILD KILLER from Spain’s Andalucia who stabbed schoolgirl victim 32 times - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:44
- REVEALED: These countries made the most asylum applications to Spain so far this year - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:20
- PALM BEACH: The curious pop history of the Costa del Sol’s most famous chiringuito freshly refurbished for summer - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 11:00
- Knifeman attacks and robs retired British expat at his own home in Spain’s Andalucia leaving him hospitalised - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:09
- Hospitalised British cyclist Chris Froome could be awarded 2011 Vuelta a Espana title after Spanish champion caught doping - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:32
- Europe’s largest Lego exhibition arrives on Costa del Sol with models of Disney, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Avengers and more - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 13:38