POLICE in two Andalucia towns have made huge drug busts over Christmas, arresting four people this week.
In Manilva and Alhaurín El Grande, Guardia Civil officers seized a total of 1,232 cannabis plants.
The latest haul in the region’s fight against drug trafficking also saw 300kg of hashish and 195.5kg of cannabis taken.
Six vehicles, two of which were stolen, are among the other items officers seized over the festive period.
Also commandeered by police were precision scales used to weigh drugs, a packaging machine, a revolver and ammunition.
Udyco (Unit against Drugs and Organised Crime) have seized over 40 tonnes of drugs this year.
The crimefighting body has cost the illegal drug trafficking economy €100 million by disrupting it with raids and arrests.
- SPOTTED: The only pictures of Wolves’ trip to Marbella ahead of Premier League action today - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:40
- Spain’s Costa Blanca and Costa del Sol to be hit by FIVE DAYS of rain, flash floods and strong winds - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 11:49
- PICTURED: British dad who died off Gibraltar coast in horror surfing accident was celebrity lawyer for David Walliams and Sex Pistols - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- NEW 25,000 square metre park on Costa del Sol includes slides, wildlife area and sports facilities - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:32
- ‘HE’S A GOOD KID’: Mum of jihadi suspect accused of planning a ‘massacre’ during Sevilla’s Semana Santa speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:10
- BREAKING: British surfer dies off coast of Gibraltar - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:49
- Two arrested in Spain’s Andalucia over violent drug deaths after bodies dumped down well and car burnt out - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:15
- Thunder and rain from TOMORROW on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 16:46
- Spain pig farm robberies see 15 arrests after man stabbed as thieves bid to raid precious metals more expensive than gold - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 12:20
- British expat fuming after chairs and tables don’t fit into ‘tiny’ new terrace Mallorca town hall painted outside her cafe - 14 Apr, 2019 @ 08:03