POLICE in two Andalucia towns have made huge drug busts over Christmas, arresting four people this week.
In Manilva and Alhaurín El Grande, Guardia Civil officers seized a total of 1,232 cannabis plants.
The latest haul in the region’s fight against drug trafficking also saw 300kg of hashish and 195.5kg of cannabis taken.
Six vehicles, two of which were stolen, are among the other items officers seized over the festive period.
Also commandeered by police were precision scales used to weigh drugs, a packaging machine, a revolver and ammunition.
Udyco (Unit against Drugs and Organised Crime) have seized over 40 tonnes of drugs this year.
The crimefighting body has cost the illegal drug trafficking economy €100 million by disrupting it with raids and arrests.
- Max Beach in Mijas taken over by Costa del Sol restaurant owners Metro Group - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:16
- Franco’s body WILL be dug up just hours after Spain’s Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 16:09
- Hacienda Beach in Estepona makes the perfect summer getaway and here’s why - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:12
- Liverpool players find time for fun on Marbella winter training trip despite ‘no sunlight’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:57
- Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election in Spain for April 28 - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 10:59
- CATALUNYA CRISIS: ‘I am a political prisoner’ says Catalan leader as 12 separatists go on trial in Spain - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 20:48
- ‘I MISS MY BROTHER’: Sister of British expat filmmaker in Spain speaks out after balcony horror plunge puts him in coma - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 18:42
- Spain tourism chiefs call for alcohol ban in airports and say British police ‘have power’ to stop boozing on flights - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:12
- Spain likely to call snap general election as Pedro Sanchez fails to get budget past Parliament - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 17:17
- REVEALED: Which of Spain’s regions will be having the most sex this Valentine’s Day - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00