POLICE in two Andalucia towns have made huge drug busts over Christmas, arresting four people this week.
In Manilva and Alhaurín El Grande, Guardia Civil officers seized a total of 1,232 cannabis plants.
The latest haul in the region’s fight against drug trafficking also saw 300kg of hashish and 195.5kg of cannabis taken.
Six vehicles, two of which were stolen, are among the other items officers seized over the festive period.
Also commandeered by police were precision scales used to weigh drugs, a packaging machine, a revolver and ammunition.
Udyco (Unit against Drugs and Organised Crime) have seized over 40 tonnes of drugs this year.
The crimefighting body has cost the illegal drug trafficking economy €100 million by disrupting it with raids and arrests.
- Man arrested after threatening woman with machine gun, pistol and bow and arrow in Spain’s Andalucia - 26 Jun, 2019 @ 11:37
- Spain dominates World’s Best 50 Restaurants list with three Spanish kitchens in top 10 - 26 Jun, 2019 @ 10:56
- Spandau Ballet’s Steve Norman holds meet and greet for fans in Spain’s Andalucia THIS WEEKEND - 26 Jun, 2019 @ 08:48
- WATCH: Spain’s Women’s World Cup dreams end as two penalties hand USA 2-1 victory in France - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 12:32
- This is the ONLY beach in Spain included in the world top 10 - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 11:15
- Two men arrested over sexual assault of young woman who was enjoying Costa del Sol San Juan celebrations - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 08:59
- Costa del Sol to see 10% increase in employment this summer compared to 2018 - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 14:09
- Bin torching epidemic continues in Spain’s Mallorca as police arrest ANOTHER arsonist while damage totals €370,000 - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 13:07
- ‘Heartbroken’ family pay tribute to Irish dad stabbed to death with broken bottles in Costa del Sol pub - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 12:02
- Spanish golfers Garcia and Rahm joined by wealth of British stars at Andalucia Masters on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 23 Jun, 2019 @ 10:30