SPAIN’S Animalist party has helped free camels from an Andalucian car park that were kept in ‘abusive’ conditions.
PACMA slammed the Christmas camel rides in Ecija, Sevilla, after images circulated online appeared to show the animals locked in a cage.
The bizarre footage shows three camels in the multi-storey lot of a shopping centre fenced into a couple of parking spaces with a thin layer of straw.
The animals rights party labelled the camel enclosure ‘abusive’ and said: “They can feel fear, anguish, pain, etc.”
They added: “We believe it is necessary for the head of the centre to understand, in case it is not already clear, that the animals are sentient beings.”
The shopping mall was forced to suspend its Christmas camel rides after pressure from PACMA.
Spain’s leading animal rights party had been in contact with the City Council to ensure the rides were banned.
“The commercial centre does not have any scruple in attracting the clients with measures of animal abuse,” the ‘animalistas’ also said.
“They keep the animals in garages, having to lie down in the cement and without water.”
- PICTURED: British dad who died off Gibraltar coast in horror surfing accident was celebrity lawyer for David Walliams and Sex Pistols - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- NEW 25,000 square metre park on Costa del Sol includes slides, wildlife area and sports facilities - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:32
- ‘HE’S A GOOD KID’: Mum of jihadi suspect accused of planning a ‘massacre’ during Sevilla’s Semana Santa speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:10
- BREAKING: British surfer dies off coast of Gibraltar - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:49
- Two arrested in Spain’s Andalucia over violent drug deaths after bodies dumped down well and car burnt out - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:15
- Thunder and rain from TOMORROW on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 16:46
- Spain pig farm robberies see 15 arrests after man stabbed as thieves bid to raid precious metals more expensive than gold - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 12:20
- British expat fuming after chairs and tables don’t fit into ‘tiny’ new terrace Mallorca town hall painted outside her cafe - 14 Apr, 2019 @ 08:03
- Spain footy star Diego Costa handed eight-match ban and €6,000 fine after red card for telling referee,’I s*** on your w**** mother’ - 11 Apr, 2019 @ 19:08
- Expat killer Dave Mahon loses Supreme Court appeal over sentence for slaying brother of Amy Fitzpatrick, who vanished in Spain - 11 Apr, 2019 @ 13:40