SPAIN’S Animalist party has helped free camels from an Andalucian car park that were kept in ‘abusive’ conditions.
PACMA slammed the Christmas camel rides in Ecija, Sevilla, after images circulated online appeared to show the animals locked in a cage.
The bizarre footage shows three camels in the multi-storey lot of a shopping centre fenced into a couple of parking spaces with a thin layer of straw.
The animals rights party labelled the camel enclosure ‘abusive’ and said: “They can feel fear, anguish, pain, etc.”
They added: “We believe it is necessary for the head of the centre to understand, in case it is not already clear, that the animals are sentient beings.”
The shopping mall was forced to suspend its Christmas camel rides after pressure from PACMA.
Spain’s leading animal rights party had been in contact with the City Council to ensure the rides were banned.
“The commercial centre does not have any scruple in attracting the clients with measures of animal abuse,” the ‘animalistas’ also said.
“They keep the animals in garages, having to lie down in the cement and without water.”
- Five Guardia Civil officers jailed in Spain for tobacco smuggling through Gibraltar - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:44
- WATCH: Dad in Spain pulls live parasite from daughter’s ‘cooked’ Mercadona fish forcing supermarket to defend seafood - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 11:20
- Costa del Sol police arrest young mum for trying to throw daughter, three, out of 10th floor apartment window - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 17:17
- Spanish navy boat with guns manned in war games with British off Gibraltar for second time in fortnight - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 11:24
- KISS AND TELL: From cave mamas to world records, Belinda Beckett chronicles the history of the snog - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Max Beach in Mijas taken over by Costa del Sol restaurant owners Metro Group - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:16
- Franco’s body WILL be dug up just hours after Spain’s Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 16:09
- Hacienda Beach in Estepona makes the perfect summer getaway and here’s why - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:12
- Liverpool players find time for fun on Marbella winter training trip despite ‘no sunlight’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:57
- Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election in Spain for April 28 - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 10:59