Staff of the budget airline have accused their employer of ‘absurd and childish behaviour’ and ‘throwing tantrums’ because a deal was not reached.
The unions Sitcpla and USO who represent staff gave the Dublin-based operator until 3:00pm on December 21 to respond, but they did not get a response, according to a Daily Mail report.
At least three strikes are on the table, but the unions say Ryanair still has time to ‘abide by Spanish legislation’ in terms of work contracts.
Those calling for industrial action allege that approximately 1,800 Ryanair staff in Spain ‘suffer’ due to their working conditions.
Spain’s government also came under fire for allegedly ‘failing to tell Ryanair that it has to comply with the law in the country where it operates’, the Daily Mail also reported.
More than 190 flights were cancelled in late September this year, as cabin crew refused to work in the last major strike by Ryanair staff.
These planned New Year strikes cap off a year of negative publicity for the cost-cutting travel operator.
In February of this year Ryanair forced a British grandmother to cough up hundreds after her hand luggage was deemed too large.
Then in early March the airline doubled its cost of reserving standard seats from £2 to £4.
Meanwhile July saw 300 Ryanair flights cancelled across Europe, due to staff walkouts.
Six Ryanair staff at Malaga airport were then given their marching orders last month, as they ‘staged’ a photo that appeared to show them forced to sleep on the floor.
- PICTURED: British dad who died off Gibraltar coast in horror surfing accident was celebrity lawyer for David Walliams and Sex Pistols - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- NEW 25,000 square metre park on Costa del Sol includes slides, wildlife area and sports facilities - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:32
- ‘HE’S A GOOD KID’: Mum of jihadi suspect accused of planning a ‘massacre’ during Sevilla’s Semana Santa speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:10
- BREAKING: British surfer dies off coast of Gibraltar - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:49
- Two arrested in Spain’s Andalucia over violent drug deaths after bodies dumped down well and car burnt out - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:15
- Thunder and rain from TOMORROW on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 16:46
- Spain pig farm robberies see 15 arrests after man stabbed as thieves bid to raid precious metals more expensive than gold - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 12:20
- British expat fuming after chairs and tables don’t fit into ‘tiny’ new terrace Mallorca town hall painted outside her cafe - 14 Apr, 2019 @ 08:03
- Spain footy star Diego Costa handed eight-match ban and €6,000 fine after red card for telling referee,’I s*** on your w**** mother’ - 11 Apr, 2019 @ 19:08
- Expat killer Dave Mahon loses Supreme Court appeal over sentence for slaying brother of Amy Fitzpatrick, who vanished in Spain - 11 Apr, 2019 @ 13:40