A DESPERATE rescue attempt is underway in Malaga to save a boy who has fallen down a narrow 330ft well.
The two-and-a-half-year-old, named Yulen, fell down the hole yesterday while playing with a friend, sparking a frantic operation to save him.
Police, firefighters and emergency services have now been on the scene in Totalan for the past 17 hours.
But with the well being just 25 centimetres in diameter, no one has been able to get down the hole to reach the trapped tot.
There is now no longer any sound of crying coming from the well, amid fears he may have sunk into a mixture of sand and water at the bottom.
Rescuers are now fearing the worst and believe he may have become trapped underneath a plug of sand which may give way to a pool of water.
It comes after a camera was lowered some 260ft down into the well but showed no sign of the boy other than a bag of treats he had been carrying.
Rescuers are considering boring a hole near to the well to try and gain access.
A Guardia Civil spokesperson said an investigation has been opened into the events.
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40
- Max Beach will reopen on Spain’s Costa del Sol this week with new look and night time venue planned for summer - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:06
- Bomb threat in Madrid declared false alarm as workers told they can return to work - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 14:16
- Bomb threat sees thousands evacuated from Madrid skyscraper home to British embassy - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 13:49
- BREAKING: Police continue evacuation of British embassy after alleged bomb threat on Madrid skyscraper - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 13:14