A DESPERATE rescue attempt is underway in Malaga to save a boy who has fallen down a narrow 330ft well.
The two-and-a-half-year-old, named Yulen, fell down the hole yesterday while playing with a friend, sparking a frantic operation to save him.
Police, firefighters and emergency services have now been on the scene in Totalan for the past 17 hours.
But with the well being just 25 centimetres in diameter, no one has been able to get down the hole to reach the trapped tot.
There is now no longer any sound of crying coming from the well, amid fears he may have sunk into a mixture of sand and water at the bottom.
Rescuers are now fearing the worst and believe he may have become trapped underneath a plug of sand which may give way to a pool of water.
It comes after a camera was lowered some 260ft down into the well but showed no sign of the boy other than a bag of treats he had been carrying.
Rescuers are considering boring a hole near to the well to try and gain access.
A Guardia Civil spokesperson said an investigation has been opened into the events.
- Expat Marbella couple held in prison on drug and money laundering charges ‘may have links to Finland’s Hells Angels’ as more details emerge - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 15:13
- IN THE NICK OF TIME: Irish man arrested at Malaga airport check-in desk donning €28,000 Rolex he reported as robbed in Marbella a day earlier - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 12:41
- Expat stumbles upon TWO sets of human remains on Spain’s Costa del Sol during morning stroll - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 12:15
- Conservative deputy mayor arrested after police find HUNDREDS of marijuana plants growing in his home in Spain’s Andalucia - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:13
- Expat Marbella restaurant owner and bikini-model girlfriend arrested on money laundering and drug charges as Costa del Sol home raided - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 16:09
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27
- WATCH: Stingray capable of killing humans spotted on shore metres from children on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:13
- British expats arrested and fined in new crackdown on ‘pirate taxis’ at Malaga airport - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:31