A MUSLIM community leader has condemned an alleged ISIS terrorist who was cuffed on the Costa del Sol.
President of the Sabinillas mosque, who asked to be referred to as Ahmed, insisted the Moroccan was not part of the local Muslim community.
“He is not part of Islam and he is not member of this mosque,” he told the Olive Press.
“Islam is about peace and love, not terrorism.”
The 27-year-old suspect, who was arrested during a dawn raid on his Manilva home, had allegedly been in direct contact with the terrorist group and had been planning to head to Syria to join their operation in the civil war there.
However he was unable to make the trip due to the group’s current loss of ground and recent setbacks and the fact that he could not guarantee the safety of his family in Spain.
According to investigators, he decided to stay in Spain and, if necessary, carry out a terrorist attack here.
ML had become particularly radical online in recent months and had pledged allegiance to the caliphate Abu Bakr Al Baghdadi and ISIS.
This, according to investigators, meant he was preparing to carry out his jihadist mission.
It is the same oath carried out by the majority of the terrorists behind recent attacks across Europe.
The shocking arrest comes after a succession of threats from ISIS, including a video which directly vowed to bring attacks to Spain’s costas, known for their high concentration of British and American tourists.
The suspect is being held without bail.
- Max Beach in Mijas taken over by Costa del Sol restaurant owners Metro Group - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:16
- Franco’s body WILL be dug up just hours after Spain’s Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 16:09
- Hacienda Beach in Estepona makes the perfect summer getaway and here’s why - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:12
- Liverpool players find time for fun on Marbella winter training trip despite ‘no sunlight’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:57
- Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election in Spain for April 28 - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 10:59
- CATALUNYA CRISIS: ‘I am a political prisoner’ says Catalan leader as 12 separatists go on trial in Spain - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 20:48
- ‘I MISS MY BROTHER’: Sister of British expat filmmaker in Spain speaks out after balcony horror plunge puts him in coma - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 18:42
- Spain tourism chiefs call for alcohol ban in airports and say British police ‘have power’ to stop boozing on flights - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:12
- Spain likely to call snap general election as Pedro Sanchez fails to get budget past Parliament - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 17:17
- REVEALED: Which of Spain’s regions will be having the most sex this Valentine’s Day - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00