Whether you are going to Madrid, Barcelona, or other Spanish cities, you’ll probably use free public Wi-Fi in cafes, restaurants, airports, and others. You shouldn’t forget that hackers ‘’never sleep’’, even if you enjoy your holidays.
Online security issues are always covered in the media world. Unfortunately, according to cybersecurity statistics, the number of victims of cybercrime is growing. Why? The reason is quite obvious: people feel relaxed and less care how they are secure online.
So, what’s your next destination this time? Maybe Spain? Why not think of VPN for this country?
It’s a good service to set up on your device while travelling. Don’t worry if you aren’t sure what service is the best to use here. You can always find ‘’the best VPNs for Spain’’ rating and choose the one which is the most suitable for you.
How to use VPN in Spain?
While travelling, you will probably do a lot of things via Wi-Fi. No matter what kind of Wi-Fi networks you will use, public or semipublic, like at airports, hotels, or cafes, a VPN should be always enabled.
Have a look at the tips on how you can use VPN while travelling around Spain:
- Enable VPN on your smartphone and tablet, when you connect to free Wi-Fi at airports, cafes or hostels. Your sensitive information will be thoroughly encrypted, so it will be protected against interference of third parties.
- If you book a room in a hotel or hostel, be sure your VPN is on as your payment transactions and bank credentials may be targeted by hackers.
- Have secure chatting via online messengers, such as WhatsApp, Facebook messenger, and others. Online messages are often intercepted by cybercriminals.
- Log in your social network accounts via VPN. Your login details will be encrypted and hidden from the prying eyes of cybercriminals.
- Access your Netflix or Hulu account via VPN. Having connected to the server located in your country and keep on watching the series during your Spanish holidays.
What to look for in VPN services?
Having realized the importance of using a VPN while travelling, you need to know what to look for in VPNs to get maximum security on the web.
Look for the following features:
- Multiple connections per one account – you’ll need it for all your devices: smartphone, tablet or laptop.
- Auto-connect options – you won’t have to turn it on and off each time you connect to Wi-Fi.
- Servers in countries you need – find the most appropriate number of them.
- Easy setup – prefer providers with special VPN apps with one-click installation.
- Compatible will many platforms – you’ll be able to use one VPN for multiple devices.
- Kill switch – this feature blocks internet connections when VPN doesn’t work properly.
Be sure you are do everything to stay safe on the Internet. And only then keep calm and relax.
About the author