THE Canary Islands have been rocked this morning by an earthquake measuring 1.9 on the Richter scale.
At 6:30am the quake was recorded in the Atlantic between the islands of Gran Canaria and Tenerife.
The epicentre was confirmed by the National Geographic Institute as being 5km below the surface.
The Canary Islands volcanology institute, Involcan said the seismic activity was ‘normal’, according to the The Sun.
The institute said all of the stations of the Canary Seismic Network (C7) located in Tenerife, Gran Canaria, La Palma, El Hierro and Lanzarote, had recorded the event.
- REVEALED: 10 new UK to Spain flights run by airline Alba Star announced - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 13:40
- Rick Astley joins Enrique Iglesias, Take That, Mel C and Liam Gallagher at Gibraltar Calling festival THIS SUMMER - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 13:00
- Woman held on suspicion of bludgeoning her sleeping dad to death and knifing mum in back on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 11:55
- American football star caught jumping over bulls at Spain’s San Fermin as veterans SLAM festival as ‘TOO SAFE’ - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:30
- Young woman arrested after ‘stabbing man in face with fork’ in Gibraltar’s Ocean Village - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:02
- Spanish man arrested over rape of British teenage girl in park in Spain - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 08:53
- Rock climber drowns in front of daughter after 30-metre plunge into sea near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 08:16
- Iconic castle on Spain’s Costa del Sol is FINALLY being repaired - 14 Jul, 2019 @ 09:14
- WATCH: Spanish school teacher’s vile RACIST rant at black British men on Spain train, calling them ‘monkeys’ and ‘f**king Africans’ - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 10:03
- Environmental group names and shames 19 Costa del Sol beaches as among worst in Spain - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:01