A TEAM of psychologists are working with Julen’s parents as the desperate search for their son reaches its final stage.
It comes as the father of the boy, Jose Rossello, needed medical assistance tonight after suffering an apparent panic attack.
According to Diario Sur, an ambulance was sent to the home where the parents are staying at around 9pm, where it stayed for just under an hour.
A local in Totalan has let the parents stay at the property until the search is complete.
There are around 30 friends and family currently inside the house as the miners work on the last few cenitmetres to reach little Julen, who fell down the well 12 days ago.
The miners are having to perform a fourth controlled explosion after coming into contact with more quartzite, just 65cm ahead of the presumed location of Julen.
According to EFE, Jose Rossello and mum Vicky Maria Garcia have not given up hope that the rescue will be over in the next few hours.
Residents of El Palo, where the family are from, are remaining indoors tonight as the updates roll in.
Locals are also said to be rallying around the boy’s grandmother and offering emotional support.
More to follow…
- British expat arrested for starting forest fire on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 May, 2019 @ 21:15
- Top British rugby player fighting for his life after falling from major Spain airport car park - 20 May, 2019 @ 16:54
- British expat benefits cheat who stole more than €90,000 from UK coffers while living on Spain’s Costa del Sol given 900 YEARS to pay back debt - 20 May, 2019 @ 10:56
- 7 times town halls in Spain had us screaming ‘what were they thinking?’ - 19 May, 2019 @ 16:21
- Left-wing government could spell trouble for property investors - 19 May, 2019 @ 09:59
- GUILTY: Westley Capper and Craig Porter verdict in but ‘both will AVOID JAIL’ over Agnese Klavina disappearance, Capper to appeal - 17 May, 2019 @ 19:48
- IN PICS: The jobs of the past in Spain made (almost) obsolete by modern life - 17 May, 2019 @ 14:16
- REVEALED: The 5 towns in Malaga set to receive FREE public wifi thanks to EU initiative - 16 May, 2019 @ 14:24
- WATCH: Afilador plies his trade on Costa del Sol as one of the last to practice long-held Spanish tradition - 16 May, 2019 @ 12:40
- FLAG-RANT: Fabian Picardo steps in after American cruise ship infuriates Gibraltar with ‘Welcome to Gibraltor’ message printed on Spanish flag - 16 May, 2019 @ 11:09