Military bosses have spent £23m on supplies to prepare for when the UK is set to leave the EU on March 29.
The preparations are called Operation Yellowhammer and are part of the government’s emergency planning.
It comes after fears have grown over the difficulties of importing and exporting daily goods after Brexit.
Ammunition, spare parts, fuel and food are being gathered at military bases in Gibraltar, Cyprus and the Falklands.
“An army marches on its stomach. If supply lines breakdown they struggle,” a source told Sky News.
Gibraltar routinely sees UK military operations on its territory and thousands of soldiers and sailors could be affected by a lack of supplies.
A Ministry of Defence spokesperson told Sky News that the UK is working to ‘ensure that essential defence tasks would not be affected by a no-deal Brexit’.
They added: “The Ministry of Defence routinely undertakes contingency planning, and it is absolutely right that the government ensures we are prepared and resourced for a range of scenarios when we leave the EU.”
- Jamie Oliver’s empire goes into administration with 1,000 jobs losses just a week after new Costa del Sol restaurant - 21 May, 2019 @ 21:18
- Everything you need to know about dangerous dogs in Spain’s Andalucia - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:44
- SPOTTED: Roberto Firmino in Marbella after €23 million private jet ride before Liverpool squad arrive for Champions League training - 20 May, 2019 @ 13:39
- Costa del Sol expat fighting for life after feral dog attack left him naked on floor and severely wounded - 20 May, 2019 @ 11:10
- Eating ultra-processed Spanish chorizo, cereals and pastries increases depression risk by 33%, study warns - 18 May, 2019 @ 11:00
- ANOTHER chiringuito in Spain’s Andalucia faces environmental protests just weeks after blue flag losses - 18 May, 2019 @ 10:00
- Five Madrid campsites for under €50 a night that won’t leave you priced out of Champions League weekend - 18 May, 2019 @ 09:00
- Irish fugitive dies in Benidorm after he stripped man naked, battered him and carved up his body in wheelie bin - 17 May, 2019 @ 13:03
- SNIFFED OUT: Group in Spain fined €86,000 for cooking stew of protected birds after police smelt it from cliff - 17 May, 2019 @ 11:54
- Guardia Civil cop among 57 arrested in HUGE Costa del Sol drug bust involving 200 officers - 16 May, 2019 @ 12:25