THE flu epidemic that has ravaged Spain has now made its way to the Andalucia.
The highest peak is expected in mid-February, with the rate in Malaga now 211 per 100,000.
Although the influenza death toll in Spain has already reached 12, the flu outbreak this year has been delayed by better weather.
In this outbreak the main viruses are both type A: AH1N1 and AH3.
The peak is expected to be less severe than in previous years.
Malaga is below the Andalucian average of 264 cases per 100,000.
Cordoba has the highest incidence rate with 544 per 100,000, while Sevilla has 267 and Almeria 155.
The vaccination campaign has ended, but the Public Health Service still recommend that high-risk groups like the over-64s are vaccinated.
Not to be confused with a common cold, the flu brings different symptoms, including muscle pain, a high fever (38.5-40 degrees) and headaches.
- Eating ultra-processed Spanish chorizo, cereals and pastries increases depression risk by 33%, study warns - 18 May, 2019 @ 11:00
- ANOTHER chiringuito in Spain’s Andalucia faces environmental protests just weeks after blue flag losses - 18 May, 2019 @ 10:00
- Five Madrid campsites for under €50 a night that won’t leave you priced out of Champions League weekend - 18 May, 2019 @ 09:00
- Irish fugitive dies in Benidorm after he stripped man naked, battered him and carved up his body in wheelie bin - 17 May, 2019 @ 13:03
- SNIFFED OUT: Group in Spain fined €86,000 for cooking stew of protected birds after police smelt it from cliff - 17 May, 2019 @ 11:54
- Guardia Civil cop among 57 arrested in HUGE Costa del Sol drug bust involving 200 officers - 16 May, 2019 @ 12:25
- British chef Jamie Oliver opens NEW restaurant on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 16 May, 2019 @ 11:05
- Financial specialist Blacktower is continuing to make inroads in Spain, offering excellent advice to expats of all nationalities - 15 May, 2019 @ 13:13
- ‘SERIOUS CONCERN’: Huge rise in murders and assassinations on Costa del Sol, public prosecutor says - 15 May, 2019 @ 11:37
- Liverpool back in Marbella for seven-day training camp ahead of Champions League final with Tottenham in Madrid - 14 May, 2019 @ 18:02