THE flu epidemic that has ravaged Spain has now made its way to the Andalucia.
The highest peak is expected in mid-February, with the rate in Malaga now 211 per 100,000.
Although the influenza death toll in Spain has already reached 12, the flu outbreak this year has been delayed by better weather.
In this outbreak the main viruses are both type A: AH1N1 and AH3.
The peak is expected to be less severe than in previous years.
Malaga is below the Andalucian average of 264 cases per 100,000.
Cordoba has the highest incidence rate with 544 per 100,000, while Sevilla has 267 and Almeria 155.
The vaccination campaign has ended, but the Public Health Service still recommend that high-risk groups like the over-64s are vaccinated.
Not to be confused with a common cold, the flu brings different symptoms, including muscle pain, a high fever (38.5-40 degrees) and headaches.
- Costa del Sol police arrest young mum for trying to throw daughter, three, out of 10th floor apartment window - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 17:17
- Spanish navy boat with guns manned in war games with British off Gibraltar for second time in fortnight - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 11:24
- KISS AND TELL: From cave mamas to world records, Belinda Beckett chronicles the history of the snog - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Max Beach in Mijas taken over by Costa del Sol restaurant owners Metro Group - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:16
- Franco’s body WILL be dug up just hours after Spain’s Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 16:09
- Hacienda Beach in Estepona makes the perfect summer getaway and here’s why - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:12
- Liverpool players find time for fun on Marbella winter training trip despite ‘no sunlight’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:57
- Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election in Spain for April 28 - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 10:59
- CATALUNYA CRISIS: ‘I am a political prisoner’ says Catalan leader as 12 separatists go on trial in Spain - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 20:48
- ‘I MISS MY BROTHER’: Sister of British expat filmmaker in Spain speaks out after balcony horror plunge puts him in coma - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 18:42