SOME 15 regions in Spain are on alert for extreme weather as storm Gabriel looks set to sweep the country.
The worst hit areas are facing up to 120 kilometers per hour winds and strong waves with heights of between 5 and 8 meters.
AEMET has issued Cantabria with an orange alert (significant risk) for waves of between 5 and 7 meters and maximum gusts of 110 kilometers per hour along the coast.
In Asturias and in the Basque Country there is an orange warning for maximum winds of 120 kilometers per hour in Picos de Europa and inland areas.
Navarra has also received an orange warning with maximum winds of 90 kilometers per hour with yellow alerts issued for wind and snow in the areas of the Pyrenees.
The Balearics, meanwhile, have an orange alert on the island of Menorca with waves of 4 meters.
Mallorca has a yellow warning with waves of three metres.
In Andalucia, Almeria has an orange warning for 90 km per hour winds in Nacimiento, Campo de Tabernas, Valle del Almanzora and Los Vélez.
Granada also has an orange alert for strong tides.
The provinces of Huesca (Aragón), Albacete (Castilla-La Mancha), most of Castilla y León, Valladolid and Salamanca, Lérida and Tarragona (Catalonia), Alicante and Valencia (Comunidad Valenciana), Melilla and the communities of Madrid, La Rioja and Murcia have a yellow alert for wind, waves, snow or avalanche risk until Friday.
- Caught live: Massive winner from UK’s most relevant band of the last few decades - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 20:42
- 11 new villages make it onto Spain’s ‘most beautiful’ list - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 12:40
- FAB FRESCOS: Spain has some of the best, but how many do you recognise? - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 10:51
- Maldonado’s Mijas is like nowhere else says Bill Anderson as just five are running the town council - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Benabola Hotel in Marbella gets a revamped roof terrace ready for the summer season - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- EXPANSION: Pole position as long-running expat agent opens fifth office in central Marbella - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:31
- Using Cryptocurrency as a Major Mode of Payment - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 07:58
- WATCH: Dramatic six-car pile-up blocks Marbella tunnel as Guardia Civil on scene - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:58
- Mallorca finca featured in New York Times - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:21
- World Trade Center Gibraltar celebrates two years of thriving international business - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 09:45